A Quick Thought, Looks Like we need Valorant: Chapter 52 Saga 2

I have a Discord Server! Come chat with me if you want! https://discord.gg/UNqkjY82

Narrator POV

Jett: Damn Brimstone, he really likes to push me...And only me!

Y/N: You know that was like the fourth time TODAY that you called him old? What makes you even think you won't be getting away with more training?

Jett: Listen, I've known that guy for like...A year, maybe more. I think it's time he starts treating me with respect. I'll do what you did!

Y/N: Hey! That's my record!

Jett: Soon to be mine, but no worries. When I'm done, you can have second~

You sighed at antics as you were trying to push too much eye contact, for the same reason...Jett was very cute.

You knew that you had liked Jett, more than a crush and hoping to pursue something more, but truly it took its sweet time. She went from an annoying childhood friend, to someone who always has your back, it wasn't easy trying to warm up to her either, but...

You were glad you did. You simply sighed and rubbed the back of your head as the both you walked towards the dorm rooms.

Jett: Whatever, I'm tired of all the training today, it's quite boring shooting at robots all day.

Y/N: Speak for yourself, being almost shot in the head is never easy. Those robots too man... Scary.

Jett: You'll get used to it, I'm surprised you haven't yet. Either way, once you get out there with more experience, you'll come to appreciate it more.

Y/N: Guess you really live on the edge huh?

Jett: I mean, don't we all?

Y/N: What?

Jett: Think about it, we are basically going out guns blazing. Shooting and killing people that want to kill others. I don't know how many people and agents you've thought we've had, but too many have died for this cause.

Y/N:... Yeah, but there are people working here, they don't go out killing people and Radiants. Are they living on the edge too?

Jett: Of course. They sacrificed their entire livelihood, almost all of their family and any life they could have had, and the risk of being found out, for a mission they don't know might not work.

Y/N: What is Valorant's Mission?

Jett: Truly, I'm not sure.

Y/N: Huh?!

Jett: We all come from places and experiences that forced us into these positions. I was told that I could save people, I could stop everything from falling into the enemy's hand on the other Earth... And that was all I needed.

Y/N: Damn...

You looked back at Jett, who seemed to carry this solemn smile on her face. You were sure that she was probably in deep thought. You didn't like the look on her face, it didn't suit her.

Jett didn't really understand many things about Valorant, she chose to keep herself in some version of the denial of what truth there was to be known. She wanted to change the world, she wanted to never feel guilty about anything she did ever again.

It was only after her accident, her mistake back almost a year ago where she got contacted from Brimstone. He told her about Valorant, what they stood for...In reality she never cared for it.

She could only remember the damage, the crying of that day. The whispering forces of her own powers that drove to be unleashed. She only wanted her town to be safe, safe from her, and the disasters that would have been brought down.