The Gang's all Here!: Chapter 44 Saga 2

Narrator POV

Brimstone broke through the door at the rooftop as he guided the rest of the agents through the bullet hell that was the building. He listened closely as he heard police cars moving towards their location as Killjoy exited, he slammed down the door shut as he ran to the VLT/R.

KAY/O was beaten to absolute hell, his metal armor showing major functional damage, as he began to spark out of control, but he kept moving on as he entered the VLT/R front seat as he began to power it on.

KAY/O: Exiting stealth mode! We are clear for power through back to headquarters.

Chamber reloaded his operator sniper rifle as he snapped his fingers and he was back inside the VLT/R as he adjusted his tie and walked in. Sova closed the side door as he saw the door from the rooftop barge open as gunfire came towards their aircraft.

The VLT/R tanked the shots as it then rocketed into the sky as it was gone in almost a second. The men from the rooftop hollered at the top of their lungs as they were gone in a flash.

Inside the VLT/R most of the agents were just trying to lick their wounds, some worse off than others like KAY/O, while others had light wounds, or cuts that wouldn't kill them.

Skye: Healing over 'ere!

Skye summoned small green flowers in her hand as an aura went around her as the people within started to see their wounds fade away. Sage was still shaking a bit, she assumed from her overuse of her ability, but she was just making sure her body was calm enough to try again. Before that could happen Sova walked over as he grabbed her shoulder.

Sova: You did enough for all of us Sage, no need to exert yourself.

Sage: While I would take your advice to heart, we don't know what is happening back home.

Viper: Exactly, this is no time to rest, with communication to Cypher, we have no idea what could exactly be happening over there.

Breach: For all we know, they could be dead.

Skye slapped Breach over the head.

Skye: Don't say that, you no-armed bugga!

Breach: Just saying.

Reyna: I don't think that's the case, they are all three strong in their own regard, I think they can at least fend him off.

Chamber: I don't mean to be that "guy" but if we could not beat him, what chance do they have? I mean that with little disrespect.

Sova: Doesn't really seem like that you mean that with as little disrespect as you possibly could.... I have my doubts, but Jett has shown time and time again that she is much more reliable then we give her credit for.

Raze: Don't worry, I'll clean up what they don't finish!

Sage: I'll save my energy in case... Just hope it doesn't get to that point.

Brimstone was in the front with KAY/O and Killjoy was repairing what she could while he flew for a bit. Brimstone was trying to use the communication from the VLT/R to speak with Cypher as nothing but static came through.

Brimstone: Shit! Why did we expect that damn attack!?

KAY/O: We all thought the same thing, do not worry about it commander Brimstone. All we can hope is that they are holding their own.

Killjoy: And that they haven't discovered our project!

Brimstone: The project... It seems we need to make sure we spend more time... And money with it.