What Does it Mean to be Patient?: Chapter 27 Arc 3

Narrator Pov

Y/N stood there with his silenced pistol in hand as he was breathing in and out. The words of Sova recalling in his head.

Y/N: Easy, all I have to do is have patience. You've done it before, you wait for stuff, what about this is different.

He pressed a few buttons on the monitor as he waited for the door to open quickly as he took a deep breath.

Y/N: Easy as pie!

He ran into the room as he rolled onto the floor and shot the first target. An instant headshot as he was already ready to shoot at the next target. He fired another shot into another target robot as it blew off its head.

Y/N:( This is easy!)

He flicked his attention towards more sets of robots, this time each of them aiming towards him with guns. However these guns had tints of blue and light blue around the barrel. These were shock rifles( Killjoy approved) and they only simulated pain and stopped your muscles for a bit.

The rounds went all around as Y/N tried to keep his head cool. He looked around to find a better situation as he ducked behind a huge block to the right of the training ground.

He quickly rounded the corner as he shot at the robots quickly, however most of them either barely hitting them or not hitting them at all. He dashed off into the open area as he went around firing at the robots, with none of them hitting.

He noticed this quickly as he saw them fire back, he realized where he was as he was trying to run back to cover.

Y/N:( I have to--)

He felt a nasty shock at his back as the whole room went red as he failed the challenge. He was convulsing on the floor as he grabbed the small bullet stuck on his skin and crushed it before throwing it in rage.

Y/N: I didn't hit a single one, what the hell?

Jett: Nope, you did not.

Y/N looked up as he saw Jett standing above him near the door as she was laughing to herself as she walked away towards the rest area near all the lockers. He got up as he walked to the door and back to his locker.

Jett: It was quite funny though, not sure if you were trying to hit them or see how many you could hit while running.

Y/N: Ha ha, very funny.

Jett: You're right... It was!

Y/N: I would 'I would like to see you try" but knowing you guys, you probably are better than I am.

Jett: I would certainly hope so!

Y/N:...

Jett: I mean think about it, some of us have been here for years, I would hope they are much better than that. Not to comment on your ability.

Y/N: I would rather you do, I don't know what the hell I am doing.

Jett: Did Sova comment on it?

Y/N: Yeah...

Jett: Figures, the guy might be chill and nice, but sometimes he doesn't know how things can be hard for others. Took me a while to figure it out too, especially what he meant.

Y/N: He is a nice guy... Glad a few people are.

Jett: Thanks for the kind words.

Y/N: Right... Maybe I wasn't cut out for this.

Jett: Too late with that kind of feeling you are in for the long run. It just takes a bit you know?

Y/N: Then I better get back to practicing.