Meeting The Others: Chapter 14 Arc 3

Narrator pov

You heard the alarm ringing on your phone as you quickly reached over to turn it off. You looked at the time to see it say 5:30. You groaned as you sat up, and hopped out of bed. A quick stretch as you turned on the light to the dark room.

Y/N: I need to make sure to remind myself that any time earlier than 6 is too early.

You went to your closet and you saw the jacket from yesterday. You grabbed a nice gray shirt with the Valorant Logo, which was just a gray stylized V. You put that on with some nice gray and black capris and long black socks. You grabbed your favorite basketball shoes and popped the collar of the jacket out more.

Y/N: Nice. Time to get some energy to start my day.

You walked out of your room as you made your way through the Valorant HQ. Despite being added to the Valorant Protocol only a few days ago, you knew where most of the stuff was. You were given a very thorough tour by Brimstone, which you just called Brim, and were already accustomed to life in the place.

You however didn't like the idea of leaving everything behind. You listened to extensive talks with Brimstone about how important the job you were undertaking was, and yet... You could only think of home.

You tried calling them, just when you were about to have your file removed from almost everything you have been to. When you did, they left you on Voice. You waited the whole day to hear from them back, but there was nothing.

Y/N: Maybe, this was a bad idea.

Thoughts of Ayden ran through your mind as you shook them away. You knew why you were doing this, and nothing would change that. You had to make up for your mistakes, there was nothing that could stop you.

You made your way to the kitchen, which was more like a common room, as you walked up to the fridge and opened it up. You knew you had put some more energy drinks and other such drinks in the fridge for safe keeping. You saw one that had a sour blue kind of flavor as you grabbed it and shut the fridge.

You cracked it open as you took a big swig and felt your body almost recharged completely.

Y/N: Just what I needed.

Viper: You sure you should be drinking that so early in the morning?

You turned around to see Viper sitting at one of the tables sipping what looked to be coffee. She was also on a laptop as she was scrolling through something.

Y/N: Yeah, probably not, but I needed something to start my day off well. Today is my first day of training and stuff, I don't want to be any less energized than I am now.

Viper: I like the enthusiasm. Just make sure not to have so many of those everyday, bad for your body.

You smiled at her as you walked over and sat next to her as she was a bit surprised by the sudden closeness. Surprisingly though, she did not move, she just sat there on her computer as you kept sipping your drink.

Viper: Why so close?

Y/N: I don't know, wanted a place to sit. Plus, it's better to talk with friends.

Viper: We aren't.... Nevermind.

You knew that she was trying to deny it down in her heart, but you knew that whatever she would have said, would just have been wrong. You sip of more of the drink as Viper sighed and got up from the table.

You thought you had messed up, but you saw her move towards the fridge and grab things out of it. Eggs, and bacon that was inside.

Y/N: You haven't eaten?