Winds of Victory: Chapter 26 Arc 3

Narrator pov

You walked through the halls of Valorant HQ as you stretched your shoulder. You just add your last healing session with Sage as she fixed up everything that hadn't already been fixed. You sighed in relief as you had no more pain.

Y/N: Much better, thank you Sage... I better get some training in, before they make me do something else. Lord knows I need it.

You headed to the training room as you looked within to see destroyed robots. You looked forward as Sova was already in the room as the robots fell one by one. It was an astonishing sight as each individual bullet, from his vandal-like weapon, pierced straight through each robot's head as they fell, broken and unmoving.

He reloaded as you looked up the score, a perfect 30/30. The door opened up as he saw you standing there almost bewildered at him. He smiled at you and went to his own locker with his agent number.

Sova: Impressive?

Y/N: That was something for sure. You have to show me how you did that.

Sova: Haha, that is not something I can just show you how to do my friend.

Y/N: Oh c'mon, you have to at least a few tricks you show, right?

Sova: Mmmm, I might have a few, but I think I would need something in return correct?

Y/N: Look, I have-

Sova: Not money, Share a drink with me, and I can teach you what I know. How about it?

Y/N: That sounds fine, I wouldn't mind.

Sova: Great, follow me, I have something I think you might like.

Sova placed his bow and arrow on his back as he smiled and motioned to the hallway leading to the agents rooms. Walking through the hall you brushed past the other rooms as the last one down the hallway to the left was labeled "Sova".

Sova opened the door as you looked inside. For a room of one of the best scouts in Valorant agency, this place was barren beyond compare. You would have barely recognized it as Sova's room if it had not been for the family pictures hung up over the wall, and an extra quiver hanging on the wall.

There was a very basic bed in the left corner and very little light was from the outside balcony, which you didn't have. He reached over to a mini fridge at the right corner of his room as he grabbed a glass bottle of what looked to be alcohol.

You also noted a small wooden table with two cushions on either side of the table, which is where you thought you two would sit. He brought over a bottle as well as 4 cups. Two cups he filled with nothing but cold water as he passed one to you, and laughed a bit.

Sova: Just in case, I suppose~

Y/N: And I suppose we are also drinking a lot then too?

Sova just smiled as he laughed to himself as he took out a fine bottle of... Vodka, though you were not completely sure what kind. He poured two shots as he passed one to you, as you held it up.

Sova: To a mission well won.

Y/N: I could give three cheers to that.

You quickly downed the drink, it was smooth with a strong bitter taste, but it wasn't a hard taste to get down, nor unpleasant, a perfect mixture. You saw Sova down it quick as he poured himself another.

Y/N: Not bad, not the best I have ever had, but it's good.

Sova: Not the best? My friend, you must be pulling my chain?

Y/N:.. Yeah, that was pretty good for Vodka.

Sova: Smoothness is the thing you have to watch out for, otherwise you might ruin your entire batch. Learned that from my Бабушка.