What Do You See Before It's Over?: Chapter 11 Arc 2

Narrator pov

Bodies fell to the floor as you rolled out of the way of a spray of bullets heading your way. You quickly snapped your fingers as a small fireball appeared as you threw it across your shoulder. A group of soldiers turned away as it went off.

You had just enough time to fire into them as they all fell one by one. You quickly repositioned yourself behind a large metal crate as you looked around the empty room. You got up slowly as you heard no noise from the surrounding area. You sighed as you put your gun down and looked around the area.

Y/N: These guys just kept coming, what the hell? Why are they so protective of some Radianite? Yeah, it's expensive, but for this many lives, you might have just left it and got away with some of it. Speaking of which, I need to find where it's located.

You walked around the small room as you came across another door. You had your gun at the ready as you kicked it open and watched all your angles. You saw a big computer screen in front of you, as you noticed that it was a large map of the surrounding location.

Y/N: This must be split. This could tell me where everything is.

You quickly moved towards the computer as you saw a large red glowing dot on the other side of the map. You quickly moved towards the computer screen as you saw a tiny panel near it.

Y/N: Let's see what they have.

You saw pages of information as emails and other assorted documents went past your eyes in a flash as you a blueprint of a weird looking device. It was labeled "Spike" As you saw that it could be placed.

Y/N: This thing... What the hell is it?

You stared back as you saw a visual representation of the device itself. It was placed on the hologram as you saw the Radianite from the surrounding area. You saw the spike begin to charge and fuse as you saw how large the explosion would be.

Y/N:( An explosion that big would destroy most of the region, not just around this building! It could even get a decent bit of Tokyo! I have to stop this!)

You saw the dot change color as you noticed a slight shift in the air, it was barely noticeable, but you felt something change. You grabbed your shirt as you felt something tug you from inside, the fire in your stomach began to churn.

You knew it was already starting.

Y/N: They had to have planted the spike! How long do we have!?

You flipped through the plan of documents quickly as you got to one particular document. It was an email from an anonymous source to the person receiving it. There was a small object, the Defuser. It was an emergency device used only if the Spike wasn't working as intended. You quickly took a look at the object as you looked around.

You saw the device inside a glass container as you rushed over to it and broke the glass and grabbed the device. A loud alarm was sounded as you heard gunfire nearby,

Y/N: Shit.

You reloaded the phantom as you faced it towards the door.

Y/N: Bring it on, you destructive bastards.

Meanwhile with Team 1

Brimstone moved through his heavy smoke as Sage soon followed, leaving behind body after body. Brimstone fire his shotgun back into the smoke as they were now close towards the bomb site. They were behind a large tower building as Brimstone was trying to catch his breath.

He coughed up some blood as sage held out a small orb in her hand. She spun the orb while it was floating as Brimstone felt his body start to heal.

Brimstone: Thanks, I own you one.