Dinner Date: Chapter 30 Arc 3

Narrator POV

Sage: Viper and Chamber are both already in France sir.

Brimstone sipped his coffee as he looked through his monitor and he sighed.

Brimstone: Good, I am glad that they are already on their way, the party is tomorrow and I want them to be ready, to get rid of that fucker.

Brimstone was mad, but not at anyone in particular, just himself to an extent.

Last night they had already discussed the plan to take down Xander, a simple assassination, covered up by Chamber and what was already a setup from him.

They would find the perfect moment when he leaves, to shoot him and kill him on the spot without the world knowing who. He knew that the perfect agents for the job would be the rich French person and his meticulous right-hand woman.

Brimstone: Let's just hope that everything works and we don't have any more problems. They have the backup plans correct?

Sage: They have made sure that in case of anything, they have the backup plan so that nothing bad happens.

Brimstone: Good... Having this going wrong could be disastrous.

Sage: Then why have this so soon, commander?

Brimstone: The trouble is having out in the open so long, if the Omega version knows anything about us, or something similar, then we would know.

Sage: (There has been another world, Sova, so there is no telling what Xander would know.)

Brimstone: Sage, I hope you understand what this means for your team.

Sage: I do sir. I hope everything goes well.

Sage began to walk away, as Brimstone stood up and walked towards the exit door.

Sage: Brimstone?

Brimstone: Excuse me, I need to talk to Phoenix.

Sage: Is this about the meeting?

Brimstone: Yes, I want to explain it to him.

Sage: He has shown many times how capable he is, so why limit him now?

Brimstone: The boy is strong, and he has the capability of being our greatest asset. But he is naïve, and impatient. He does not understand the weight of the things he carries. Everyone in that room, even Yoru and Chamber know this, and yet...

Sage: This could show him!

Brimstone: And what if he messes up? Would that be on me, or would we only suffer from him.

Sage: And what if he succeeds? Would that be on you?

Brimstone: The boy wants to play hero... We are no heroes.

Sage: But does not mean we can't be...

Brimstone: ... Maybe, I will go talk to him.

Brimstone left the room as he moved to the living spaces. He saw Phoenix's room as he sighed and knocked on the door.

Brimstone: Phoenix, are you in there.

There was silence as Brimstone tapped on his arm brace and the door opened. His room was the same since he saw it about a few days ago, but he was not in there.

Brimstone: Where the hell...

Jett: Sup Brim.

Brimstone looked to his right as he saw Jett holding a soda in her hand as she was slurping it annoyingly.