He is...Gone?: Chapter 49 Saga 2

This chapter is a bit wonky, just within its own story telling. I wanted to rush this out days ago but was afraid of how to tackle this. I did not really figure it out, so I will just make what I can and hope you guys enjoy it. Thank you everyone!

Narrator POV

Sage and Cypher stared into the screen that watched the footage from your battle, there were no words, only a growing horror of the battle. It felt like the world slowed down, trying to make them piece together every single action that happened to see the bullet lodged in your head.

Sage's eyes were blurry, she felt the well of tears fill her eyes, almost an instinct as she your body fall onto the ground. She could barely see Jett escaping as she had to wipe her eyes, every single moment replaying in her mind.

Cypher was much harder to understand, his fist clenched for a while as he adjusted the glove on his hand as he breathed in a hurry. He turned to sage in a quick motion as he spoke to her as calmly as he could.

Cypher: How much time do we have to bring him back?

Sage: I... I...

Cypher: Sage.

Sage: He... He... I do not—

Cypher: Sage!

Sage's head spun quickly to Cypher as he got up from his chair and grabbed her shoulders, his goggled eyes only stared into hers as she got some of her senses back. Her brain mostly scattered thoughts of every single moment, but she was now focused on this one moment.

Cypher: You can bring him back; all we have to do is get him... How much time do we have?

Sage: ... We may have five maybe 4 minutes...

Cypher: Good, we have another VLT/R we can get him... So, let's go now.

Sage: Yes... We can save him.

Cypher let her go as he grabbed her hand, letting her fully take in what Cypher said. From his tone Sage began to calm down, focusing on the task at hand rather than her emotions, she forced his hand back as they both began to run towards the hangar.

Cypher grabbed onto his earpiece as he spoke into it quickly.

Cypher: This is Cypher, Phoenix is down! I repeat Phoenix is down! Me and Sage are running the VLT/R to aid him now. I repeat, me and Sage are running the VLT/R to aid him now!

There was little noise coming back as Cypher tapped a small device and opened the door into the hangar. As people looked to them quickly Sage and Cypher both headed to the nearby VLT/R as the door opened up quickly.

Sage: We... We don't have much time! My resurrection only brings back people within a few minutes, we have to book it quickly to his exact location!

Cypher: I'm already tracking the location we will be there in the nick of time!

As the hatch began to open, there was a small shake around the floor, the monitors and the technology around the area began to gyrate and move around the place as the people began to take notice. Cypher and Sage looked to the shaking base, some of them began to fall off and break as they watched some of their computers light up in alarms.

Sage: What is happening?!

Cypher: What did that Jett do...

Their T. Vs flashed to the news as they saw some of the areas around Venice, the amount of news that surged around the area was massive, with every single report on the stations being around the Venice area. Cypher and Sage watched as they began to speak about the surge of Radiant energy around the area, causing tremors around the world.