The Healer's Words, An Omega Revelation: Chapter 48 Saga 2

Narrator POV

You quickly checked the mag on the Vandal assault rifle as you slotted it in and knocked it back. With a satisfying click you attached the gun to your side along with a few extra mags that sat upon the weapon's table. Looking at the other weapons, you weren't really sure what other things you might need, so in a quick decision you grabbed a sturdy looking knife and put it into one of the extra pockets at your side and walked towards the main hangar.

Y/N: A trip to Venice, how nice it might come with my unfortunate death... Oh well.

You saw one of the unused VLT/R, as Sage was waiting by the large vehicle. You were quite surprised by her arrival, as you were already certain that Brimstone gave you the greenlight to go and investigate the Radiant in the city of Venice. A quick jog to Sage as she was smiling towards you.

Y/N: Sage, and I thought no one was going to send me off, not even Jett came over this way.

Sage: I just wanted to wish you good luck on your solo mission, it is a big step from where you once were. I am proud of what you have done so far.

Y/N: A-Ah! Thanks, didn't think it was that big of a deal.

Sage: Oh, but it is! You started off with very little to your name, just the powers, I was surprised Brimstone wasn't harder on you. But you really seem to come into your own, I just hope this all goes well, that it isn't... Omega Jett.

Y/N: ... I have a question.

Sage: Oh, please ask.

Y/N: You haven't really been very vocal about this entire thing; I thought maybe you would enlighten about... You know how you think about this whole thing.

Sage: My own thoughts? I just keep to myself for the most part, I don't really have anything to put forward, that's why I usually don't say much during meetings.

Y/N: Oh, c'mon. Nothing you think about this whole situation.

Sage: Of course, I have my feelings about everything, but... Sometimes I think about what would truly bring if I were to say something that would directly contradict the mission, or if someone else feels differently.

Y/N: You're a member just like the rest of us, you shouldn't have to worry about speaking your mind.

Sage: I mean... I'm not afraid, as much as I am frustrated.

Y/N: Frustrated?

Sage: With our mission, on Split during your initial recruitment, when I saw the spike for the first time, I knew what I had to do. So, me and Brimstone moved towards it, ready to do what we could. When we both realized we could do nothing, he understood. He did what he could, tried what he could, and in the end it wasn't enough. I fought and fought, trying to understand...

Y/N: Why you couldn't stop the bomb?

Sage: Yes.

Y/N: It wasn't your fault for that, you shouldn't—

Sage: I know... But every time I want to speak up, that thought haunts my very mind. Like a curse that I cannot not remove. I wish to speak, to say that maybe we misunderstand...But I am weak, I do not deserve to speak.

Y/N: Sage... You know—

Sage: I don't mean to intrude on your mission with my small talk. I shall go, I wish you the best of luck.

Y/N: Sage, wait!

Sage: I am sorry.

Sage quickly sped off as you tried to grab her hand, she barely escaped your grasp as you sighed to yourself watching her leave the hangar. You jumped onto the VLT/R, as you headed to the cockpit and switched the machine on.