Acknowledgement

Hi!

I think this is an ironic greeting because of how I ended the story but well, hi!

One thing that still is stuck in my mind even after I've already completed this story for months is: Ang bilis. To Aiming for Hades that made me realize many great things about my writing journey, it's just like yesterday when I first thought of you. And again, ang bilis. Well, if you have read my other stories, it's kind of a culture of mine to say that the story has ended in the ending note but if you'd notice, this story doesn't have Wakas or an Interlude. The story I wanted to tell were already written in each chapter of this book so I really don't think this story still need that. Or that's just what I want to make myself believe because truth is, I just don't want this to end.

In fact, this story isn't ending. I just know that it would continue. Maybe not through my writing—We never know. What's obvious is just it would. Someday. It's been months since I last visited here in this story's drafts. Too many months, actually. I'm stuck. But despite my roller coaster mental health, I realized greater things that I want you all to know, now that I'm announcing that this story is completed. Completed, not finished. Never will be.

First off, I don't want you to see or believe that parenthood or realizing the beauty or happiness a family could bring as an ending to your story. It shouldn't be a 'finally'. I didn't write it because I want to say that it's the only way to be happy nor it's a final destination in life. The real ending that I wanted to tell here is that: We may have survived many life challenges already and still be learning to survive. We may have been through a lot, too old, too experienced or too much, and still need more. It's normal. It doesn't make us less braver than how we have become after each battle. Just like Elle's journey, she have faced so many challenges already and she still can be haunted by her past. Despite that, she is still and will forever be capable to heal; and that doesn't make her less of a brave woman.

She's good. So are you.

I hope this story taught you something because even as a writer of this book, that's what it did to me. Genuinely. Like how the shore is hit with unknown splash of waves drawn from different parts of the sea, we can still be beautiful even with traces of each wave that hit us, or though if it keep on hitting us.

We're good.

Let's keep healing, everyone 🤍

All love, lianahimmel.