Chapter 24: Chloe comes over

Emily's POV
You finally pull into tropical smoothie and all get out of the car. As you walk in, you see people look at Amy. You and Aaron go up and order while Amy goes up to the people. She has a little chat with them before she goes over to you. "It's just people from school" she says. They call out your order and Aaron grabs it as you hop in the car.

As you get in the car, Amy starts talking. "How long is that "talk" gonna be?" she asks. "A long one" Aaron answers back with his work face. "So can I shower first?" she asks. "Yes, but don't take too long or your food will get cold" you say "okay" she says back. When you went back to the house, Amy runs into her room. You and Aaron change into your pajamas too as you wait for Amy. She then walks out 5 minutes later with her dressing gown on as she walks to the bathroom. You then hear music playing and the water running. Once the water stops, she goes back to her room to change. You and Aaron talk about the best way to approach this until Amy comes out of her room. She walks out of her room in a tank top and shorts. You notice that she is getting skinnier. You look at Aaron and he looks back at you. She grabs her smoothie and food and starts to eat. She got a chicken quesadilla and a mango smoothie while you and Aaron both get a salad. She starts eating the quesadilla as you open your salad.

"So Amelia, as you know your father and I have very demanding jobs" you start saying "and as much as we want to watch over you 24/7, we can't." she just looks at you as she takes a sip of her smoothie. "So when we are not here, Garcia has agreed to mind you again." Amy's face went pale. "Since we have the cameras up, we can see everytime there is motion." you continue.
"If you sneak out one more time, we are going to pull you out of school" dad says "and I will take some time off work to get you on the right track" you says all serious. "Mom it's not that serious, you do not need to take time off work" she says all scared. "We just don't want it to turn into anything bigger." you say. "You know your uncle struggles with addiction" Aaron says. "But I'm not doing drugs" she says back to which he responds "not yet but seeing the path that you are on, you will soon."

"I need some air" Amy says as she walks into her room and opens up her window. You give her 2 minutes alone before walking in after her. "Hey baby, I know that this is a lot to take in and we can finish this conversation tomorrow" You say. "There's more to this conversation?" she says back scared. "Just a little bit" you say back to her. "Can we just finish the conversation now?" she asks. "if that's what you want" "yes" "Aaron" you tell as he runs in. "Yes Em" he says as he jogs in.

"Amy wants to finish the conversation" you say as you look at him. "We want to send you to a therapist," he says. "She's really nice and she works at the bureau. So you can see her whenever. I've been to her and so has dad." you say as you take her hand. "I don't need a therapist" she says as the tears swell up in her eyes. "I know baby but everyone should go to a therapist." you say. A single tear drop drops down her face and you wipe it with your thumb. When you wipe, more start falling out and you pull her into your arms as you hold her tightly. "I love you so much baby" "I just want you to be healthy and safe." You just stay and cuddle with her for an hour before she finally drifts off in her sleep. You then tuck her into bed and leave before hopping into bed with Aaron. You just cuddle him as your heart aches. You feel the tears stream down your face "I just want to hold her all day and protect her from the world" "I know Em" he says as he comforts me.

You wake up the next morning and walk into the kitchen to see Amy eating a bowl of cereal. Her face was red and puffy as if she hadn't stopped crying. Jack was leaving at around lunch time and Amy was upset because it would just be the three of us again. "Hey Amy, dad is going to Rossi's for golf so if you want you can invite Chloe over after we drop Jack off at the airport and you guys can hang here while I do some washing and ironing." "Really" she says as she smiles. "Yes" you say. She jumps up and gives you a big hug "thank you so much mom" she says. "No problem baby" you say back before you jump in the shower.

Amy's POV
As your mom hops into the shower you grab your phone.

Amy: Chloe my mom says that you can come over today!
Chloe: OMG, No Way
Amy: She's gonna be in the next room tho cause I'm still on house arrest 👮🏻‍♀️
Chloe: do you need me to sneak anything in for you?
Amy: I need something to calm my nerves, you got weed?
Chloe: No 🙁, but I did get this pill called oxy
Amy: what's oxy?
Chloe: It's some painkiller that helps you relax.
Amy: Ooh bring one and I'll try it
Chloe: will do!

You check the time and it was 9, Jack was leaving at 11 and your dad was leaving at 11:30. "Hey baby, did Chloe say she could come?" Your mom asks as she walks out of the bathroom. "Yep, what time can she come?" you ask "Anytime after 12" "okay perfect thank you".

You then walk into Jack's room and knock on his door. "Hey Ames," he says. "Hey Jack, are you all packed?" "Nearly" he says. "See you at Christmas time?" "Yep" you say as you hug him. "I'm just gonna hop in the shower." you say. "Sounds good" he says as you walk to the bathroom. You took a shower and put your hair in a messy bun before putting on your sweatsuit and ugg slippers. "You ready to go?" your mom says as she knocks on the doorframe. "Yes" you say as you all hop in the car. It was a 15m drive to the airport and all four of you were in the car. You all parked the car and walked Jack in before giving him one last hug. You then hopped in the car and dropped dad off at Rossi's.

You finally got home and texted Chloe to come over now. Your mom starts to go through all of your rooms and grab the washing. She then goes into the washing room as Chloe knocks on the door. "Chloe" you said as you open the door. She gives you a baggie really quickly and you stuff it in your bra. "Thank you" you whisper in her ears. Your mom comes out of the washing room. "Hey Chloe how are you?" she asked. "Good" Chloe responded. You drag Chloe to your room. "Call if you need anything" "will do mom" you say back. Your mom goes back to ironing.

"So, how do I take it?" You ask. "Well you can crush it." she says as you smash the pill with a book. "Then you want to line it up in a thin straight line" you lined it up with your a notecard. "Finally you want to hold one nostril and snort it up." You snorted it up. You shake your head as you feel it hit in. "Wow where did you get this stuff?" "Tyler knows a guy" she says back. You grab your phone out and text Tyler.

Amy: Hey Tyler, is there anyway that you could get me some of that Oxy?
Tyler: ye but it's gonna cost you $100 but since it's your first time I think I can get it for you for $50.
Amy: Actually? You are the best
Tyler: I'll give it to you tomorrow right before school in the gender neutral bathroom, sound good?
Amy: Yes, thank you

You talk to to Chloe about how you are so grounded right now and that your parents are blowing it way out of proportion. Until she says that she has to go. "Good luck" she says "ye I'm going to need it" you say as you walk her out.

Once the door slams shut your mom runs out panicked. Once she sees you, she instantly relaxes. "Chloe just left" you say. "Okay" "i'm just gonna take a nap now" "okay you do that" mom says back.