Chapter 42-waking up

Amelia's POV:
You don't remember much. You remember gasping for air as your mom rushed up and held you. You remember seeing your dad on the phone. You remember being placed on the stretcher gasping for what you thought was your last breath. You remember waking up in an ambulance before passing out again. You remember hearing your mom sobbing and even your dad cry. You feel yourself waking up. You felt pain everywhere and it felt like your skin was on fire. You were so tired. As you begin to flutter your eyes open you hear your mom yell for a nurse. You start to bat your eyes open and seeing your mom, dad and Jack all sitting next to you waiting. You see a nurse come in and check you out. "How are you feeling hun?" she asks.

"Everything hurts and I think there are bugs crawling over my arm." you say all panicked. "Those aren't really there don't worry" she says as she turns to your parents. "She is going through withdrawal symptoms right now but since she was out for the start of the withdrawal stage, she should feel better within 24 hours or so." The nurse says as she writes something down in your chart. "I'm going to give you guys some privacy. Call me if anything changes" she says before she exits the room.

"I'm so sorry" you say as you start to sob. You see your mom sob as well. "It's okay baby, you're safe now" you give her a big hug before moving on to your dad. You scootch over as your dad placed you on his lap. "I'm so sorry about everything" you say as your mom lays down next to you. "Don't you ever do that again. I can't lose you" he says as he hugs you. You all just cry as you then give attention to Jack.

"Hey Jack" "hey kiddo" he says back. "How did you get back so quick?" "I spent a lot of money on a last minute plane ticket" he says as you laugh. "As long as you used dad's money and not your own" you say back as everyone chuckled. "I see your humor is still intact" he says as you laugh. "It's going to take a lot more than a few too many pills to get rid of my humor" you say back.

"When can I go home?" you ask as you make eye contact with mom. Your mom then shifts and makes eye contact with dad. "What?" you say as you look at both of them. "We are sending you to rehab" your dad says as you start crying again. "I don't need it" you say back. "We found a lovely little rehab facility nearby where we can visit you as much as possible." your mom says ignoring your comment.

"What about school?" you ask. "You will finish school in rehab and do an online course that the school has and hopefully you can go back to regular school by September." "So who's gonna return all of my textbooks?" "Your dad and I were going to go to your school and clear out your locker and go through all of your books with you to see what you need."

"Um I might as well tell you now but I have a bag of oxy in my locker behind my math textbook." you say as you start to tear up. "Thank you for warning us princess" your dad says as he kisses the top of your head. "The bag has about 150 ish pills in it I think" "how did you even pay for 150 pills? we didn't give you any money?" your dad asks. "I think it's best if you don't find out how I paid for them" you say as you give him a nervous smile.

"This is a really big hospital room" you say trying to change the subject. "We got the best room for our little princess" your dad says as he snuggles you even more. "Can I shower or something? does this room have an en suite?" you ask as the nurse comes in. "Hi, we were just wondering if Amy can start eating or showering yet?" your mom asks "Of course but she might need to sit while showering so she could take a bath instead and she can eat but make sure that it is soft and that her stomach isn't irritated." "Thank you" your mom replies as the nurse leaves.

She then goes into the bathroom and turns on the bathtub. When she comes out, your dad carries you into the bathroom. He shuts the door as you strip before stepping into the bath. Your mom helps you in and you bring your knees to your chest and rest your head on your knees. Your mom starts washing you as you feel sleepy again. She then starts to wash your hair before taking you out. You get into sweatpants and your dad comes back into the room to carry you back into the hospital bed. There your mom started to brush your hair and put it in two Dutch braids while your dad brought you over a banana.

Your parents cautiously watched you as you ate. Your dad then passed you a bottle of water. Once you finished the banana, your dad threw the peel out into the trash can. You normally hate being coddled but you felt like shit and you knew that you couldn't do anything by yourself. The nurse comes in later and tells you that once you are able to poop, you can get discharged. Jack then books a flight back to Miami for tomorrow.

You stayed in the hospital for another 18 hours before you finally pooped. Your mom calls in the nurse and you were finally able to get discharged. Your mom started to fill out the discharge papers while your dad cleans the room up a bit. Jack was doing some schoolwork while you just stared out the window. "You ready to go?" your mom asks as you nod yes before taking her hand and walking out to the car.

You hop in and just stare out the window as you drive back to the apartment. "I'm just going to grab a few things and I'll be out in a second" she says as she brings the duffel bag with all the hospital clothes in and comes out 15 minutes later with a suitcase. She throws the suitcase in the trunk before jumping back into the car. Your dad then drives away as you take a nap.