Chapter 53: Boardwalk

Amy's POV
You wake up the next morning and quickly throw on a bikini and shorts before making your way downstairs. You throw on flip flops as you walk into the kitchen where your mom was having coffee with JJ and giggling about something. You grab a banana and begin to walk out the back door.

"Hold it" you hear your mom say as you turn around "and where do you think you are going?" "To the beach" you reply back. "Wait 5 more minutes and then we can go". You groan as you walk back to the kitchen table and start peeling your banana. You slowly eat as JJ goes on about Michaels soccer practice. Derek soon walks downstairs carrying Hank in his swim trunks.

"Now can we go?" you beg as your mom starts to get slightly annoyed. "I'm going to go and get Michael ready" JJ says as she walks upstairs. "Amelia stop it" she says with a stern look. "Mom what's the worst that could happen if I went to the beach by myself" you whine which followed with her giving you a look. "Fine I'll stop" you respond as you throw your banana peel in the trash. JJ then comes downstairs with a very excited Michael holding her hand. "Okay now we can go" your mom says as she stands up and ruffles your hair with her annoying smile .

You stand up and walk to the backdoor with your mom, JJ and Michael. Michael starts running to Hank and JJ starts quickly walking just to catch up to him which left you and your mom alone.

"You know I'm not leaving you alone for your own safety" she says as she stops walking and looks at you. "I know" you say back now making direct eye contact. "I love you so much and I don't know what I would do with myself if something bad happened to you again" she says as she wraps her arms around you and pulls you in for the biggest hug. "I know and I'm sorry" you say as you still feel bad about the fact that your mom found you when you overdosed.

"You can always talk to me" she says as she pulls away making direct eye contact with you again. You nod your head before she puts out her hand and you take it. "Now let's put on some sunscreen so you don't get burnt".

You walk down to JJ resting in the sand. Derek was in the sea with Michael and Hank as they were splashing each other. Your mom applies your sunscreen and you fall asleep instantly as you sunbathe.

You woke up later and couldn't find your mom. You panicked a little before JJ told you that she is coming back soon. You relax and go on your phone for a bit before your mom comes back and gives you a sub from the deli down the street. You happily eat lunch together in the sand.

You take a shower and get into shorts and a t-shirt before watching some tv.

Your mom comes in and asks if you wanna go shopping. You obviously said yes as you throw on your flip flops and walk out the door. She takes your hand as you walk to the boardwalk and walk into the little boutique. You found a bunch of cute things and gave them all to your mom to hold before trying it all on. You ended up buying a dress, two tops, a skirt and a sweatshirt. You then paid and walked out. You then got a scoop of chocolate ice cream before making your way back to the beach house.

As you were on your way, your mom gets a text from the Bau groupchat wondering if she wanted to go to the boardwalk tonight for dinner at some fancy restaurant. She obviously said yes and you quickly made your way back. You changed into your new dress, styled your hair with beach waves and did a light makeup look before going out. The dress code was obviously fancy.

You all go out to some fancy authentic Italian place that Rossi approves of. You sit next to your mom as she is still a little weird about you always being by her side. You understand where she was coming from of course but still. You weren't feeling that hungry so you order the kids chicken tenders with French fries and a Diet Coke. Everyone was looking at you but you didn't care as you happily ate your meal in peace.

Morgan, Rossi, Garcia, Spencer and your dad all went back to the house with the kids while you, your mom, JJ and Henry all went to the boardwalk. You saw they had a bunch of rollercoasters and after a bunch of begging, you and Henry went on the Giant Claw ride. You then went on some other rollercoasters before you both got ice cream and your moms just followed you both around and held your phones so they wouldn't get lost/stolen.

You were walking back to the beach house with Henry when you ask him in just above a whisper so your moms can't hear. "Hey, do you wanna go and watch the sunrise tomorrow morning?" He seemed skeptical. "My mom would never say yes and your mom would never wake up that early" god is he dumb "we don't have to tell them you know" "but what if they find out?" God does he always worry

"I've never been caught sneaking out" you say proudly. "Yes you have" "No I haven't" you said back. "Um your parents caught you and they picked you up and caught you again when you went to the hospital" he says. "No because I was already out the first time and didn't know that they would be back that night, so I didn't even try sneak out or anything and I only got caught the second time was because I got injured and Brad called Garcia, otherwise she would've never found out" you said as you saw him start to get convinced. "Fine, I'm in but if we get caught it's all your fault" he eventually says.

"oh please, we both know your mom is gonna be a lot more strict than my mom and plus I'm hanging out with you, it's not like I'll be drinking or doing drugs or anything so my mom would get over it quickly" you say. You look up at your phone. "Sunrise is at 6, we should get up at 5:30, set your alarm now" you say as you both set an alarm.

You walk back and quickly took a shower before putting on your outfit that you will wear to the beach tomorrow and putting it on.