Chapter 49- Coming home

Emily's POV
You had a rough couple of cases in a row so Strauss gave you the week off. Since it was July 15th, you missed the 4th of July. Rossi knew how much Amy loved the holiday so he decided to throw a party this Friday. It was now Thursday and you could finally pick Amy up. Jack was away at his internship and you were nervously counting down the hours until you could pick up Amy.

You were tidying the house up while Aaron was making Shepards pie for dinner. You finished all the washing and were now ironing away. You and Aaron hadn't spoken at all today as you were both very busy. You quickly run to the store and pick up Amy's birth control before grabbing two pints of ice cream. You showered and got into nice clothes before you and Aaron decided that it was time to go. He had cleared out the car today so there was more than enough room to fit her suitcase in.

You both hopped in the car and Aaron drove to the rehab facility. You quickly rushed in and saw Amy waiting for you. As soon as she sees you, she runs up and gives you the biggest hug. Tears are spilling out of both of your eyes as you couldn't wait to finally take her home. You then break apart as she gives Aaron the biggest hug. While they are hugging, you grab the paperwork at the front desk and sign her out. Amy stands next to you as you finish your paperwork while Aaron grabs the car and throws Amy's luggage in the trunk. You then take her hand as you walk out to the car where Aaron was waiting. You hopped in and sat next to Amy where she soon fell asleep. Her head rested on your shoulder as you just smiled the whole time.

You knew that she was going to be stressed the whole day thinking about going home and she probably didn't get much sleep last night so you let her sleep the whole ride until she woke up two minutes before you got back home. You see her flutter her eyes as she slowly wakes up. "Hey baby did you have a good sleep?" you ask as you tuck a strand of hair behind her ear. She nods her head yes as she smiles. Aaron pulls up into the parking garage and you all make your way inside.

Aaron takes Amy's luggage and you all walk in through the front door together. Amy takes one big sniff before turning to Aaron. "Do I smell Shepard's pie?" she asks with the biggest grin on her face. He nods his head yes as she squeals and gives him the biggest hug. "Thank you so much!" she says as she runs over to the table. "Hey not so fast, Jack said he'll be home in 30 minutes so we have to wait for him" she huffs as she takes her bag and brings it in her room. You giggle and wrap your arms around Aaron's waist as he kisses the top of your head. Everything felt like normal again. You quickly give him a kiss before entering Amy's room.

Amy's POV
You had just started unpacking your suitcase when your mom walks in. "Need any help?" she asks as she sits down on the floor next to you. You slowly unpack your suitcase together as most of it was dirty before your mom takes it all in for the wash. You then unpack your toiletries bag before giving the suitcase to your mom as she puts it away. You finally hop in the shower and take your time as the showers at rehab were awful. The water was always cold and the water pressure was shit.

You threw on pyjama shorts and an old shirt before making your way back into the kitchen where you saw Jack talking to your dad. You give him a quick hug before turning to your dad. "Now can we have dinner?" he laughs and you quickly make your way to the dinner table. Your dad takes the dinner out of the oven and brings it over on to the table. As you are about to take a spoonful of Shepard's pie your dad goes "wait for your mother" you scoff before shouting "MOM DINNERS READY" she quickly hurried into the kitchen and sits down.

You then take a big spoon of Shepard's pie and put in on your plate before taking a big spoonful into your mouth. You go for seconds while everyone is half way through their first serving. "Well isn't somebody hungry" Jack says as he chuckles. You stick your tongue out at him as dad shouts "Amelia". "What he started" you mumble. "Just eat your dinner" he says. There was an awkward silence before your mom starts talking.

"So Rossi is thinking of throwing a 4th of July party tomorrow if you wanna go Ames" she asks as she continues playing with her food. "Really?" you ask all excited. "Yep, he said that he bought new fireworks just for you and if you want he's offered to let us stay the whole weekend" she says as you feel your smile growing. "Is it at the beach house or the Rossi mansion?" "The beach house" she replies. "Oh count me in!" you say with the biggest smile.

You soon finish your dinner as you unset the table and pick out something to watch. Since it was your first night back, you were allowed to pick the movie tonight. You obviously picked Mamma Mia as Jack and your dad groaned. Jack had an early shift the next morning so he went to bed while your dad called it a night after the first song started playing. Once your dad went to bed, your mom walked up to the freezer and grabbed a pint of ice cream and two spoons. You watched the movie as you snuggled up together and ate the whole pint before it was time to go to bed.

You hopped into bed but couldn't go to sleep. You walk back into the kitchen to grab a glass of water and see your mom on the couch reading her book. "Can't sleep either?" she asks as she pats the cushion next to her. You walk over and sit next to her as you rest your head on her shoulder again. After 10 minutes, your mom finally got a little sleepy but you were still wide awake.

"Still nothing?" she asks as you nod your head no. "Is there anything I could do to help?" she asks. "Score me some oxy" you said with a chuckle. She didn't find it too funny. "What did you do at rehab when you couldn't sleep?" she asks ignoring your comment. "Well after they figured out that I was ambassador Prentiss' granddaughter, they would let me go on a walk around the garden with a nurse until I felt tired." "and did that help?" she asks as you nod your head yes.

"Well then, let's grab your shoes and socks" she says standing up. "are you sure mom, I mean it is very late" "whatever helps baby" she says as you grab your shoes before following her out the door.

You took her hand as you walked around for about 20 minutes before you start to feel sleepy. You walked back inside and both walked into your room.

Your mom jumps into bed with you in and you snuggle up to her. She strokes your hair as you listen to her heartbeat which always relaxes you. You feel her hand move away from your hair as she starts to get up. You didn't want her to leave but also didn't want to ask her to stay because she probably wants to go back to her own room. "Please stay" you quickly say as you turn and meet her eyes. "Of  course baby" she says as she wraps her arm around and pulls you in for a hug again. Your head finds its way back to her chest as you continue to listen to her heartbeat to calm you down before you soon fall asleep in her arms. It was probably the best you've slept in months.