Chapter 50- car rides

Amy's POV
You wake up to the smell of pancakes filling the apartment. You hop out of bed and walk to the kitchen. There you see your mom making pancakes. You walk up to the island and have a seat on one of the stools. Your mom turns around and pours the last bit of batter in the pan.

"Morning Amy, how'd you sleep" she asks. "really good" you respond as you take a pancake from the stack. "That's great" she says as she flips the pancake. "Where is everyone?" you ask as you pour syrup on your pancake. "Well Jack left for his shift an hour ago and dad left for his run 10 minutes ago." She says as you take a bite out of your pancakes. You forgot how good the food is at home. At rehab the food was barely edible.

Your mom finished the last pancake and puts it on the pile as she starts to clean up. You finish your first pancake and go for a second one. "So what time are we leaving at?" you ask. Your mom checks her watch. "Well it is now 6:30 and we want to leave the house at 8" "wait it's only 6:30?" you ask surprised. "Yes" she responds as she finishes cleaning up and takes out the stool next to you.

"How'd you sleep?" you ask her seeing as though you guys probably didn't go to sleep till some time after 1 am. "much better now that you're home" she says as she kisses your forehead before grabbing herself a pancakes. You both eat in silence but a comfortable silence. "Hey mom, can I have my phone back?" You ask as you finish your last pancake. "um sure honey, let me clear up before I go grab it." she says as she puts the plates and utensils in the dishwasher while you put the syrup in the cupboard.

She walks into her room and grabs you your phone. She walks back into the kitchen  and you are smiling. You forgot how much you missed it. "If I catch you taking any nudes or anything I'm taking it right back" she says sternly looking at you. You nod your head yes a bit shocked at her comment. She pulls you in for a hug "I love you" she whispers in your ear as she rubs your back. You then hear the front door unlock and your dad who is very sweaty comes in.

You scurry into your room and start getting ready for Rossi's. You put on your blue bikini, shorts and t-shirt before laying out everything you wanted to pack. Once you were done, you sat on your bed and started going through your phone. You had a million texts from people asking where you were. Chloe filled you in and there are multiple rumours going around that you are pregnant, dead, have some sort of disease, or switched to some strict catholic school cause your parents couldn't deal with you.

You thought these rumours were funny but let Chloe tell people that you switched schools for your parents last minute case and would be coming back in the fall. Apparently you've gained so much popularity. You respond to some texts and lie to them before you post a selfie on your private story captioning it back from the dead.

Your mom walks in as you put your phone. "You ready to pack?" she asks. You nod your head yes before grabbing sunglasses and your beach bag filled with sunscreen and tanning lotion. You packed within 5 minutes before your dad took your suitcase. You then all make your way to the car where you put on your AirPods and shuffle your Spotify playlist. Two hours into the drive you stop for gas.

You were kind of hungry so you walk into the convenience store with your mom while your dad is pumping the gas. As you walk past the snacks isle and are on your way to grab a Diet Coke, you see a live drug trade just outside the window. Your eyes start to water as you quickly grab a Diet Coke and grab a family size bag of Doritos before accidentally bumping into your mom. "Amel-" she says angrily before she sees that you were crying.

"Oh Amy what happened?" she asks you as she pulls you in for a hug. You were frozen and couldn't speak so you just gripped onto her shirt tightly. Your mom just stands there and rubs your back to calm you down until your dad walks into the gas station. He scans the room before walking up and finding you wrapped around your moms arms.

"Is everything alright?" he asks as you just nod your head. "Hey Aaron why don't you pick out your own snacks and pay for these while we head back to the car" she says as she gives him both of your items picked out. "Ye of course" he says as your mom takes your hand and you both exit the convenience store.

As you walk back to the car you see them still trading and squeeze her hand. When she looks up, she sees the trade and unlocks the car door as she hops into the back with you. You just sob into her arms as she rubs your back and comforts you. "It's okay baby, let it all out"

After you stop crying she looks you dead in the eyes "do you want to go home?" you nod your head no "are you sure baby?" "yes I need a distraction" you respond "okay" she says "but the second we get back I'm dragging you to a meeting and then therapy" she says as you nod your head yes.

Your dad comes back out holding a bag of all your food. He hops in the car and your mom gives him a look to which he nods. Your mom grabs the snacks and you both start munching on the Doritos. All that crying got you really tired so you soon fell asleep resting on your moms shoulder.

Emily's POV
Once you knew Amy was asleep, you told Aaron everything that happened but that she still wants to go. You had two hours left in the car ride and after last nights sleep, you knew that she needed to nap or she would be grumpy. You eventually take a nap too as you also were exhausted.