Chapter 6 - Emilia

Lilas and Belath fall quiet after my question and I wonder if I shouldn't have asked, maybe it should have been something easier. I'm just about to let them know I've changed my question when Lilas lets out a hum and starts.

"Well... to put it simply Kor and I met first. We found Bel later through the Stones. The three of us have been together for over a thousand years." He goes quiet letting that sink in, all my soulmates are over a thousand years old. I must be less than a child to them.

"You should probably go right back to the start Li." Belath adds.

"You're right." Lilas tells Belath before returning continuing, "Kor and I first met before the Gods created Soul Stones. Kor was just over 200 years old, and I was around a 100 the first time and at the time I didn't think much of Kor, all I saw at the time was an empty-headed warrior. It didn't help that at the time Kor could barely hold his shift into human form for an hour so we couldn't really get to know each other." It's hard to think of Ruikor and Lilas not getting along when they know each other so well.

"I know it seems weird." Belath grins at me obviously seeing the confusion on my face, "By the time I met them they were already near enough reading each other's minds."

"Anyway, what changed everything for us was the creation of the Soul Stones. We didn't know what the Gods had planned when they summoned us." I sat up away from Kor leaning forward in shock.

"You and Kor were there?" I blurt out not quite believing it.

"Yes we were. To be completely honest Kor is the youngest son of the dragon Goddess, Sadan, and my mother is the daughter of the elf God, Filarion. That was why we were summoned to attend the meeting, they wanted family there when they created the Soul Stones. When Kor and I received matching Stones we were confused and thought they had made a mistake especially because they had made four Stones."

Behind us Ruikor begins letting out a low purr which I can feel rumbling against my back. I'd thought he was asleep, but he must have been listening to the conversation and is supporting Lilas while he's telling me their history.

"The Gods left soon after that, so I spent more time with Kor to help him through his mother leaving and I ended up falling in love with him. We kept the two remaining Stones with us and started travelling trying to find our remaining mates, the Gods had been right after all we needed each other so maybe we needed another two people as well. During our travels we found this place and started having the castle built."

"It was a good thing they did. I wasn't born until 600 years after the Stones were created so their search was pointless, not that they knew that." Belath continues now, "I was turned when I was 23 never having found my Stone before I was turned. Eventually we ran into each other one night while I was out feeding and claimed one of the Stones they were carrying with them."

"Finding Bel gave us new hope about finding our fourth. So much so that we had all the Stones used in jewellery, Kor designed and made them himself and I was able to create a series of runes for Bel's ring that allows him out during the day."

"We spent 300 years travelling around without any luck. Around that time there was talk of forming an order to help people find their Stones, with the amount of Stones it was getting more and more difficult for people to find their matching Stone. Having lost hope in searching ourselves we turned the final Stone over to the first temple with orders for them to make sure everyone came for their first ceremony at the temple."

"You were able to do that?" I ask not expecting them to have the power to do that even with how old they are and being related to Gods.

"Yes." Belath replies grinning as though he's remembering something fun, "We have a lot of pull due to our power, not just physical or magical power but also political power. Over the years we've made a lot of friends not to mention our relatives, my sire is among the oldest vampires and I'm the only one he's ever turned so he's very fond of me."