Chapter 24 - Kor

I've always enjoyed battle and usually the travel to a fight never bothered me. But that was when it was close by or I could fly there on my own without needing to match the speed of other. Marching with human soldiers on horseback is another matter entirely not to mention the absence of my mates, sure Bel is with but Lilas and Emmy are getting further away by the hour. And we've not even completed a full day of travel yet although we will be making camp soon.

Gods I'd give anything to be able to return to Hadlau already but that's not possible. At least not until Rhistel is defeated and, if I get my hands on him, dead. While I'm sure that many would want to show mercy to him but I don't want to take the risk of him escaping or even managing to amass more followers from prison which would likely result in another war. And that would take me away from my mates again so if I get the chance Rhistel is dead.

"What you thinking about?" Bel asks from where he's riding next to me. "You look like you're plotting something."

"Rhistel's death." I grunt back knowing that he'll understand and probably wants him dead as much as I do. Like me Bel is already missing Lilas and Kitten, he's actually been quiet since we left Hadlau which only happens every hundred years or so. Other than that he only goes quiet when something is bothering him.

"Ah, yes. Maybe if we're lucky enough he'll drop dead and we can head home sooner. If not I'm looking forward to the day that I can rip his head off." He growls out making his horse panic slightly, he's quick to calm the horse though so he doesn't go running off ahead of the rest of us.

"Good thoughts. Cut him in half with my sword." We content ourselves trading ideas back and forth as to what we'd like to do to Rhistel if we ever get our hands on him, all fitting punishments for starting this war. Around us I notice the guards within ear shot of us turning slightly green as we're talking so we're clearly freaking them out but when you've been alive as long as us you get very creative.

"I miss them already." Bel admits as we finish debate the pros and cons of extending Rhistel's pain by torturing him. I'd rather kill him than draw out his death, he shouldn't take up more of our time together than he already has.

"Me too." I return although he likely already knows, "Get this over with as quick as possible."

"Yes and then we can get home to Lilas and Emmy. Just hold them close and maybe a bit more..." He trails off smirking, his thoughts likely going back to the last few days. It had been an amazing few days spent locked away in our bedroom together. Just thinking about it is making me hard, not the most comfortable thing while riding.

"Enough of that." I bark at him not wanting to be teased any more. Hopefully if he shuts up then my hard on will go away and I can ride without any discomfort. He chuckles in response but does go quiet for a bit likely knowing the problem I was having and maybe experiencing the same one.

"Your Majesties." Astaroth says as he rides up next to us, "The scouts have returned and it seems we're not far from a river so it might be best to set up camp here. With your permission I think we should call a halt for the night." Nodding I survey our surroundings seeing the benefits of stopping here. There's plenty of space for tents to be set up plus a forest nearby for a bit of hunting so that we don't have to dip too far into our food supplies just yet.

"HALT!" I roar out raising a fist to signal the halt as well. "Make camp." Immediately the march stops and they scatter to begin setting up camp. When we'd been stationed at Hadlau I'd run them through drills several times just for setting up camp, making sure that we can get set up quickly so that they can rest and eat with as much time as possible. Plus we'd be setting out at dawn in the morning to take advantage of the daylight to get as much travel done as possible.