Chapter 31 - Bel

I don't think I've ever been this excited. Unable to control myself I dart around camp telling everyone I run past that I'm going to be a father. I don't even care that I've left Kor alone in our tent even though I'd felt how hard he was before I left, usually something like that would end up with us making plenty of noise that the other soldiers would poke fun about but not today.

No today I'm ready to announce to the whole world that Emmy is pregnant. Even though there is no way that the baby could biologically be mine the great thing about us all being mates is that the baby is just as much mine as theirs. Already I love the baby just as much as I love my mates, perhaps even more, which something I'm sure all of us can agree on. This child is loved so much.

"I'm going to be a dad!" I say stopping briefly near where a few soldiers are sitting eating their breakfast. They look at me in shock but before they can say anything I race off stopping not far away and repeating myself to another group of soldiers. And another. And another, on and on I race through camp.

Several laps of the camp later after I've told many people, and possibly some of the same people several times, I'm made to stop running by Kor who grabs a hold of me. I'm pulled back against his large chest with his arms wrapped around me to prevent me from running off again and continuing to tell everyone about the baby.

"Time to calm down Bel." He tells me a deep purr rumbling in his chest which really helps me start to relax. Damn dragon knows what his purr does to me.

"Just want everyone to know." I pout leaning my head back to look up at him. Giving a short laugh he leans down to give me a kiss. "Share our happiness."

"And they will but you don't need to be telling everyone this early in the morning. Your tunics on backwards by the way." I look down realising that he's right, in my haste to leave the tent I hadn't dressed properly before I ran out. That's not even it though as I notice that I've somehow managed to put my boots on the wrong feet. Gods I must seem insane.

"Your Majesties. Is something wrong?" Asaroth asks walking over towards us with General Rowe next to him. I guess we do look a bit weird standing in the middle of camp like this especially as my clothes are on backwards and clearly rumpled.

"We received a letter from Hadlau last night. The Queen is pregnant." Kor tells them a small, almost unnoticeable smile, on his face as he gets to say it out loud for the first time.

"I got a bit carried away in wanting to tell everyone." I admit unwrapping Kor's arms from where he's wrapped them around my waist, "Now I should go get dressed." I leave the three of them to it, we'll be moving out soon and I can't do that until I'm properly dressed for the day.

Getting back to our tent I find that Kor has laid out some clean clothes for me along with my spare pair of boots. After so much running around the pair I have on are covered in mud so they'll need to be cleaned, I'll hand them over to a squire before we set out. Chances are they'll be clean by the end of the day.

Pulling on the clean clothes I wash my face before heading back out now that I'm actually ready for the day. We've got another long march ahead of us today, just like the last month. Although based on our estimates we're nearly there and if we can keep our pace then we should be at the border in just over two weeks.

Gods I can't wait to get there. Once we arrive it should be easier to send letters to Emmy and Lilas because we'll finally be in a fixed place and I've even heard that several dragons have volunteered as messengers so our information relay should be much faster. That'll keep Kor and I more informed about the baby. It'll almost make up for us not being there to see it ourselves.

Wandering back out of the tent I find Kor, Asaroth and General Rowe standing around a nearby table looking over a map. Likely planning out today's route and evaluating where we could make camp for the night. I walk over and join them hoping that we'll be able to set out soon.