Chapter 41 - Emilia

"He's adorable your Majesty." Tiana coos holding Nazpeh reluctant to pass him along. Having spent a week resting after the birth I've finally called my ladies to the palace to meet him and they seem to have fallen in love with him. For Lilas's peace of mind Volethe and Khidell are here as well but they're standing guard by the doors giving us some privacy although they're still in hearing distance.

"Tiana you've had your turn. Let me hold the little prince." Nimel says from her seat next to Tiana leaning towards her slightly to look at Nazeph. It's been like that since they arrived and got their first look at him. Maryam had gone first as my chief lady-in-waiting before reluctantly passing him to Holcene who was just as fascinated by the baby. Eventually she handed Nazeph to Tiana who still hasn't let him go yet despite most of my ladies still not having had a turn.

"Has the Council asked about when he'll be presented again?" Maryam asks watching as Tiana finally allows Nimel her turn to hold Nazeph. Lilas had managed three days together with us before returning to Council meetings and no sooner as he was back than they wanted to officially present Nazeph to the entire city. Sure they know that he's been born but before today the only people outside of the palace to see him were Magor and Sliske.

"Only every day." I reply with a laugh, "So far Lilas has been able to head them off with the excuse that I'm still recovering. It won't work for much longer though so perhaps in the next few weeks something can be arranged. Nothing too long or elaborate though I don't think that I could handle it."

"Well we will all be honoured to be there and will be there if you need anything." Holcene reassures me, "I'm sure the ceremony it's self won't be very long all anyone wants is to see Prince Nazeph."

"Yes, it'll be the party following the ceremony that will last for hours." Zenobia chimes in making us all laugh, "Now Nimel I do believe that it is my turn to hold the prince."

Pouting Nimel gently stands up to hand over Nazeph to her. For most of the time he's been passed around my ladies he's been asleep only waking briefly for a few minutes before falling back to sleep not bothered at all about being in unfamiliar arms. He's a very quiet baby who tends to sleep much of the time, sometimes I'll be holding him thinking he's asleep only for him to actually be awake watching me.

It's been a few hours since my ladies arrived and he was last fed so it doesn't surprise me too much when not long after Zenobia passes him over to Elssitryd that he wakes up with a small cry. Even though it's only a quiet short cry it brings the room to silence as though he'd actually screamed.

"I think he wants you, your Majesty." Elssitryd says standing and walking over to pass him back to me.

"Yes he probably needs feeding. We'll be back shortly." I tell them leaving the room for some privacy so that I can feed him. Anticipating this very thing I'd had the maids set up a small room just off the drawing room with somewhere comfortable for me to sit while feeding Nazeph.

Just like with all his feedings it doesn't take him long to fill his stomach. He's a greedy little thing and never wastes any time when it comes to feeding but Fayeth has reassured me that it's fine as he doesn't seem to over eat and make himself sick. Lilas believes that he's inherited Kor's bottomless stomach and that he probably needs the energy to support his growth.

Being Kor's son he's likely to grow to be very tall especially based on the fact that Nazeph is a large baby. Already his wings seem to be developing well growing stronger everyday with the exercises that Fayeth has encouraged us to do with him so that they develop correctly. Every evening we make sure to stretch them just as we've been instructed to before we put Nazeph down for the night. If his wings turn out anything like Volethe's wings then they should grow large enough for him to be able to fly, I just hope that he doesn't start that until he's at least a teenager because I don't want to have to try and get a screaming child to land.