Chapter 28: Travis... Again!

Melody's P-O-V

"Prodigy..."

"Yes, my sweet?"

"Shut up."

We both laughed. Lately, I've been talking to him a lot. He's funny, sweet, and I just feel comfortable talking to him. I mean, I did always like him.

"Why though?"

"Because, you know I love Travis."

"Oh. Travis... yeah."

"Prodigy don't-"

"Who are you on the phone with, Melody?" I heard someone say.

I turned around and my mouth dropped, "Um, I got to go. Bye!" I hung up the phone then stood up to hug him, "Hey Travis. Just Leslie."

"Leslie, huh?"

I nodded.

"Yeah right!" He pushed me down and snatched my phone, "Now, I'm going to say this again. Leslie, huh?"

He turned the phone screen toward me and shoved it in my face.

"Travis calm down!" I screamed back with tears in my eyes.

"Calm down? Oh, you haven't seen crazy yet!"

He pulled me up by my wrists and slammed me against the wall. I cried even harder.

"Travis, why are you doing this?"

"You lied to me, Melody! That's why! I don't want to do this to you! I really don't!"

I saw his hand pull back.

"Travis, please don't do this!"

His hand hit my cheek, leaving a stinging feeling and as he released me from his grip, I slid down the wall and slumped over in tears.

"What's going on up there!" I heard my father yell.

I saw all of the rage in his eyes soften. He picked me up quickly and gently laid me on my bed. I felt his hand stroke my hair as he laid kisses on my forehead.

"Melody, I'm so sorry..." He whispered in my ear.

I couldn't say anything. I was still shocked and afraid. Just then, my parents came into the room.

"What's wrong with her?" My mother asked.

"Uh, just a friendship issue with Leslie. I'm sure she'll be fine soon," Travis answered.

My parents looked as if they didn't believe him and looked at me. I sat up, wiped my eyes, and decided to play along. I still loved him and wanted to work it out.

"So, why don't you try calling her? Here," Travis said giving me my phone.

As the phone rung I shot my parents a weak smile. She didn't answer.

"She won't speak to me," I said trying to play it off.

"Well, we're sure Leslie will come around," my mother said.

My father nodded in agreement, "We love you, sweetie. It'll all get better. We know it."

They both kissed my cheek then left me alone with Travis again. I stood up and went into the bathroom to check my face out. My cheek looked swollen. I threw water on my face and took another look at myself in the mirror. This time staring into my eyes, hoping to catch a glimpse of my conscience.

"This is stupid," I thought, "I can't believe he would do this."

I picked up my phone and called Leslie. She answered this time.

"I'm coming on tour with you," I quickly said in a whisper then hung up.

I came out to see Travis sitting up on the bed with his fingers intertwined. He didn't say anything. He just stared at me with rage in his eyes and his jaw was tense.

"So, you want to leave me for him?"

"Who are you talking about?"

"You know who. Prodigy."

"I don't want him!"

"So why are you talking to him, still?"

"Because..."

"Melody, if you don't give me an answer in a few seconds..."

"Because I feel comfortable talking to him!"

"So you do like him!"

"So what? Maybe I do! But I love you!"

He shook his head in disbelief, "I don't believe you right now."

"Whatever. Believe what you want," I said walking back into the bathroom.

I slammed the door, locked it, slumped down against the door, and cried. I couldn't deal anymore. I deserve better than this. I don't want a Christopher. I thought he was different.

"Melody..." I heard him say banging on the door.

"Just... Just go away!"

"Melody! I'm sorry!"

"I don't care! Just go Travis!"

"You know what? Fine!"

I cried even harder on the cold bathroom floor as I heard his feet fade away.

*~SEE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT TIME~*