Chapter 12: Goodnight

Andrew's P-O-V

I looked at Malkia who was hanging her head as if she was ashamed. She looked as if she knew something we all didn't. Or at least something I didn't. I wanted to ask if she was the girl, but it couldn't have been true. I didn't want it to be true.

"I don't even think I want to watch the movie anymore," I said grabbing Malkia's hand. "Come on."

"Okay," she murmured.

We left the theater in silence and I took her back home.

"Can I ask you something?" I said as I walked with her to her porch.

She looked at me.

I proceeded, "Is it true?"

"Is what true?"

"Did you and Roc have relations?"

Her eyes dropped and she let out a huge sigh.

"It wasn't like that. I- He never told me about her. I didn't know. We started off as just being friends then I guess my true feelings got the best of me and we kissed. Well, more than kissed. We sort of made out. But that was it! I swear!"

"So what are you saying? Roc never mentioned Leslie at all? He didn't even withdraw from the kiss?"

"No. Well, the first one. Yeah. But then he kissed me. And we made out for a little until we heard someone coming. Roc hasn't spoken to me since then..."

"Wow."

She nodded. Still looking ashamed.

"Well, I'm sorry about our date..."

"It's alright. I understand why you did it."

Now I nodded feeling a little ashamed.

"You think we can try again Saturday night?"

"We'll see. Goodnight Andrew," she said locking the door.

"Night," I replied walking down the steps of her porch.

I couldn't stop smiling afterwards.

"Hello honey. How was your night?" I heard my mother say.

I didn't reply to her. I still wanted her to know that I wasn't going to forgive her. So I just went straight up to my room not even looking back at her.

I checked my cell phone and noticed a bunch of missed calls. They were from Gabby. I've been ignoring her since I came back. It didn't feel right talking to her.

I took a quick shower then flipped on the TV to watch Fresh Prince. I eventually fell asleep.

*~SEE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT TIME~*