Chapter 30: Concerts and Parties

Prodigy's P-O-V

"Leslie! Where's Melody?"

It was the night of the concert. I was hoping that Melody would be here.

"I don't know. She said she would be here."

"Well, can you call her? The last time I talked to her, she said she had to go and I haven't heard from her since."

"Alright. Don't worry. I'll talk to her."

As she left to call Melody, I began to think again about our last conversation.

As I was about to ask her to come to the concert, I heard Travis' voice. She quickly whispered that she had to go then hung up. I don't know what happened after that, but I feel like it probably wasn't good.

Leslie's P-O-V

I went to call Melody. I thought she was going to come. She said she was earlier.

"Hello?" I heard her say.

"Where are you?"

"Don't worry, I'm coming. Travis is too."

"What? Why?"

"Because he can. And guess what."

"What?" I replied with no enthusiasm.

"My parents aren't home for the weekend. I was thinking of throwing a party."

"Do you know how much trouble you could get in?"

"Yeah, but sometimes, you just got to let go. Think of it as a going away party for Roc or something."

"You're expecting me to come?"

"Duh, you're my best friend."

"Melody, I don't know."

"Leslie, come on. Stop being a baby."

"Fine..."

"Okay. Cool. Invite every teenager you see. I'll see you at the concert."

"Alright. Bye."

Prodigy's P-O-V

Leslie came back with an annoyed look on her face.

"Did she answer?"

"Yeah, she said her and Travis is coming."

Well, that's disappointing.

"Oh."

"And she also said that she's throwing some house party and to invite every teen I see. So... You're invited."

"Cool. But, can't she get in trouble?"

"Yeah but she says, 'Sometimes you got to let go'. I feel like Travis may have something to do with this."

"Yeah, because this seems out of her character."

"Prodigy, listen. You see her as an angel, I'm going to tell you right now that she is not. I've known Melody longer than you and one thing I have to tell you is that she's very stubborn and loves to rebel. Her freedom is her everything. So the party idea is in her character, but since Travis didn't talk her out of it like I would normally do, she is going to actually go through with it because for some odd reason once Travis is involved, she doesn't care about the opinion of anyone else. I mean, I love her. She's a great friend, but trust me. She can be very impressionable at times."

I stood there shocked at how Leslie just revealed all of that. I mean, she was right. Maybe I did see her as an angel.

"Oh... Good to know."

"Sorry. I know that probably was a lot to take in, but the bright side of it all is that she is very faithful and she puts a hundred percent in everything she does. She's smart, pretty, and you really deserve her. I'm only telling you all of this because I don't want to see you get hurt when you find out her personality isn't perfect and I want to see you guys together. And you know what?"

"What?"

"Tonight I think it'll happen."

I smiled and hugged her, "Thanks a lot Leslie."

"No problem. Now where's Roc? I need to invite him to his 'going away party'. That girl, I swear."

I laughed, "I think he's over by the stage entrance."

"Alright. Thanks."

As she walked away, I thought about how it would be to date Melody. I know we will bump heads, but I also know that it would work out.

Just then, I saw her come through the backstage door with Travis holding her hand. She looked so happy. They were smiling and laughing.

I turned around and walked away from the sight. I couldn't stand it. I snapped back into my reality. I heard the crowd chanting as I walked over to the stage entrance.

"So, are you going to Melody's house party?" Princeton asked.

"Yeah. I have to."

I felt my heart beating as the anxiety set in. I was pumped to kill the show.

"Ladies and gentlemen, give it up for Mindless Behavior!"

The beat for Hello dropped and we walked out onstage.

"When I first saw you all I could say. OMG. How do I make her my baby?"

I spotted Melody in the crowd. She was right in front with Travis.

"Everybody knows a way to a girl's heart is what you say. So what you say about us talking on another level? If you like what you hear then you can holla back. Yeah. You got me saying hello..."

After this chorus, I had an idea. I'd bring Melody onto the stage. I walked up pretending to search for a specific girl.

"Ayo, fellas," I began.

"Yeah?" Ray and Roc said.

"Wassup Prod," Princeton responded.

"There's a lot of beautiful girls out here tonight."

The crowd went crazy.

"Uh huh!" Ray said.

"You right," Roc agreed.

"There really is," Princeton added.

"Hey you," I pointed at Melody. "Come here."

I saw Travis' face get upset. I smiled with satisfaction.

I heard the crowd chant "Do it".

She looked around, but I knew that she couldn't say no. She smiled then nervously came on the stage.

Ray-Ray, Roc, and Princeton found their girls. Roc's was Leslie.

I took her hand then began the second verse.

"Pretty girl, princess. No you don't know me. I'm trying to change that. Baby why don't we get up this weekend. See us a movie. I know you got options, but baby I'm the real thing..."

I pulled her close to me as I sung. We danced together and for a moment, I forgot that it was even a performance.

When the song was over, I enveloped her into a huge bear hug before I let her walk off. And she wasn't stiff. She hugged me back and whispered something into my ear and kissed my cheek quickly.

She had said, "That was nice."

After the performance, we had a Q&A session.

Ironically, our last question was this, "What are you guys doing after this?"

We answered by telling them that we were going to Melody's party and that they all could come. I waved for Melody to come up onto the stage again. She did and gave the crowd her address.

I heard screams of 'I'm going' and 'I can't go' But from what I could hear, more people said that they were going.

I just hope nothing crazy goes down over there.

*~SEE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT TIME~*