Chapter 45: I Can't Win Part 1

Prodigy's P-O-V

I was listening to I Can't Win by Chris Brown and sung along on the plane ride.

"She ain't bluffin', she gon' do it. I think it's time for me face to the music. I could really give a damn about my pride, but though with you I think it's stupid. You gon' love with the lies, never compromise. Girl if you love me better prove it. I can't win, I can't win for losing-"

"Prod?" I heard Roc say.

"Yes?"

"Stop singing."

I turned to him and his face looked upset then I let out a chuckle, "Whatever."

I put my head back and let out a sigh. I was nervous. I was about to see Melody for the first time in months since the argument. Why is it that we never leave off on the right foot? Maybe we just aren't meant for each other. Maybe I should flirt with other girls. That'll probably help get Melody off of my mind.

I eventually found myself drifting off to sleep and when I woke up, we had landed. My nerves were a wreck at that point. I knew for sure that I couldn't face Melody. So I wasn't going to. It's decided that I will avoid her at all costs. I mean, out of sight, out of mind, right?

"So how long will we be in Florida?" I asked Vince as I tugged my suitcase down the hotel hallway.

"Two weeks. We're just rehearsing for the tour. Then on our last night will be the performance."

"Okay. But, are we still using the same dancers we had on the last tour?" Roc questioned.

"Yes."

"Malkia..."

"You're worried about Malkia? What about that Jaelin chick? Remember how she kept hitting on me?" Ray threw in.

"So? You were flirting back anyway, not her fault," Princeton tossed back.

"But Misty is here. You know how she can get?"

"True," Roc shrugged.

We went into our hotel rooms and chose our bed like we normally did. The rest of the guys decided to go and scope out the hotel like usual, but I wanted to stay here. But soon enough, Myles came into the room.

"What's goody, Prod?" He said coming in and throwing himself right on my bed.

"Aye, what up, Big D?" I said slapping his hand.

"You know this hotel got a studio?"

"You're lying."

"I kid you not. Want to check it out?"

"Yeah, sure."

We got up and left for the studio.

"You know, they say Jay-Z has done a couple of tracks in here."

"They say Jay-Z has been everywhere," I joked.

Leslie's P-O-V

"Roc, I can't wait for our date tonight!"

"Yeah, me neither. I missed you so much."

"I missed you too."

I was actually afraid of our date tonight. What if he wants to... you know what again? I haven't told anyone about Roc taking my virginity. No one needs to know. And it'll stay a secret. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love Roc. But what we did, I wasn't- or at least I thought I wasn't- ready to do it.

"Leslie. You still there?"

"Oh. Yeah. Um, so, I'll see you later?"

"Yeah. Around eight."