Chapter 50: Halfcrazy Part 1

Melody's P-O-V

Two weeks have quickly whizzed by. Today is the last day until we begin touring. And the thing that gets me the most is that I just can't break it off with Andrew! I know it's not a good thing, but it's so hard for me to do it.

Andrew and I have been friends since the first grade. I don't want to ruin a friendship this way. And I just really love everything about Prodigy. And for the past two weeks we have been dating he treats me as if I'm- He treats me as if I'm royalty. He tries his best to see to it that I'm happy. I don't know what to do.

"Melody... Are you alright?" I heard Prodigy ask.

I looked up at him and smiled as best as I could, "Yeah. I'm fine."

He took my hand and pulled me closer to him, making our foreheads touch. He then took my other hand and interlocked our fingers. It's the little intimate things he does with me that I really love so much.

"How about after this we go and get something to eat? Just you and me."

I smiled and bit my lip, "I'd like that."

"You'd like that?"

"Yeah. I'd like that a lot."

"Alright. Cool. We'll be done in about twenty minutes. Can you wait that long?"

"Hey, if duty calls."

He laughed, "You said duty."

I couldn't help but laugh at the corny joke he just made. It was cute.

"You are so childish sometimes."

"And you love it."

"Yes, I do."

We were about to kiss when Kenneth called for Prodigy to come back in, "Twenty minutes. I promise."

"Alright. Go. Sing your little heart out."

He smiled and quickly kissed my cheek then went back on stage. Just then, my phone rang and I got up from the auditorium seats to answer it.

"Hello?" I responded once the music was out of earshot.

"Baby, where are you? I thought we were going to go out tonight?" I heard Andrew's voice say.

I was experiencing confusion in full effect, "Wait, what?"

"Last night we agreed that we were going to spend the last few hours we had in Florida together. I was going to take you out to eat. Where are you?"

I froze. I had no idea what I could say to get myself out of this one. I promised Prodigy that I would stay with him for the rest of the day. It was parents (well mother) approved already. I couldn't just call it off. My parents are expecting me to be there and not out somewhere with Andrew. Who, may I say, is actually not dating me in their eyes.

"Um... Andrew. I can't."

"You can't? What? What do you mean you can't?"

"I- I can't go out with you tonight, alright? Listen, I'll see you on the tour bus."

"Wait, why? Melody, what are you-"

I hung up before he could finish his statement. It was the best thing I could do. I had to quit playing nice. If I don't want Andrew... I just got to tell him how it really is. I have to tell him that we can't be a thing anymore.

I walked back into the auditorium and watched Prodigy finish sound check with the boys. Andrew had called me 15 times and sent me 3 text messages. And he wasn't stopping.