Chapter 34: Explain It

Melody's P-O-V

I woke up and everything was bright and white. I felt pain everywhere. Where was I? What was I doing here? I tried to sit up, but it hurt too much to even move.

Just then, a strange woman came in. I watched as she came closer and eyed me.

"Oh. Good. You're awake."

"Who are you? Where am I?"

"You're in the hospital. I'm your nurse."

"Oh my God..." I said in shock.

"Is there anything that I can do for you? Do you want me to get your parents? They're waiting out in the waiting area for you."

"Um, is there a girl named Leslie Jackson out there? I would like to see her."

"I can check."

"Thank you," I replied.

"No problem."

She walked out and as she was going to get Leslie, I tried to recollect my thoughts. What happened that caused me to be here? She ran my train of thought right off of it's track after she brought Leslie in.

"Would you like anything else?" The nurse questioned.

"No, that would be all. Thanks."

"Alright, well call me if you need anything else, okay? Just press that button right there," she responded pointing at a buzzer sitting next to me.

"Sure thing," I responded.

She left the room again.

"Can you explain to me what happened?" I questioned.

"You mean, you don't remember?" Leslie responded wide-eyed.

"No. Not really. Maybe if you tell me something, I can get an idea."

"Well, I believe that Prodigy was fighting Travis. That's all I saw."

"Why were they fighting?"

"I don't know. I believe it had something to do with you being naked and unconscious."

"Uh... naked?"

"Yeah. Well, topless. You had on bathing suit bottoms, but no top."

"Oh no..." I groaned.

"So was Travis fighting for me or for his own reason?"

"How am I supposed to know? All I know is that he was fighting with Prodigy then Andrew and the rest of MB joined in after Travis' friend tried to step in too. But if I had to say. Prodigy was fighting for you."

"He was?"

"Yes."

"But what exactly happened to me?"

"I can't tell you, but I'm sure Prodigy can."

"Is he out there?"

"I don't-"

Just then Leslie's phone went off.

Prodigy's P-O-V

I hopped out of the bed after trying so hard to sleep. I just couldn't do it! I got dressed and called Leslie.

"Leslie! Is Melody alright?" I asked as soon as she picked up.

"Well..."

"Well what? What's wrong with her? Did she lose the ability to speak? Did she lose the ability to walk? Did she... die? Please don't tell me she's dead, Leslie?! I can take anything, but the thought of her being dead!"

"No, no, no. She's fine really. She, um, she just has a minor concussion and a sprained wrist with a broken ribcage, but she'll be fine."

"Is she still unconscious?"

"Actually, no. She isn't."

"Thank God! Look, I'm coming over there. I need to see her." There was silence on the other end for a moment, "Hello?"

"She said she needs to see you too."

I smiled and Leslie told me the address. I then hung up and caught a cab to the hospital. I walked in to see Andrew and Melody's mother.

"Hello Mrs. Johnson. Andrew. Where is Mr. Johnson?" I said as I stood next to them.

"Hello Prodigy. He went to go get something to eat in the cafeteria. He'll be back soon."

"Okay. So, what's up Andrew?"

I sent a text to Leslie.

Me: I'm here.

"What are you doing here?" Andrew asked.

"I wanted to see Melody."

"But don't you leave tomorrow night?"

"No. We have another week."

"So why are you here now? You couldn't wait until tomorrow?"

"What are you interrogating me for?"

"Because, I don't think that you did all you could."

"Wait, what are you trying to say?"

"You know you probably could have saved her. It's your fault she's in this situation!"

"The door was locked you idiot! I did the best that I could to save her! Unlike you who was oblivious to everything and anything while hangning out with some groupie that doesn't even like you back!"

"You don't want these hands! I'm telling you right now that you do not want these hands!"

"Boys, boys, boys! Shut up and calm down! Now someone tell me what Andrew is talking about?" Melody's Mother interjected.

"Madam, if I may say, I tried to save Melody. While she was being sexually harassed, she was able to get ahold of a phone and call me to save her. But by the time I busted open the door, it was too late. She was unconscious..." I responded.

She hugged me and kissed my forehead, "Thank you for trying to save my baby. I love that you made the effort. Thank you."

"Hey, what happened out here? I leave you for a moment and you're already cheating on me?" Melody's father said with a chuckle, "Oh. Protozoa. What do you want?"

"That name does sound cool, but if I may correct you-"

"You may not correct me."

"Don't be so mean, David," Melody's mother said in my defense. "As a matter of fact. He tried to save our baby girl."

"Well, thank you," he put out his hand for me to shake it.

I smiled and grabbed his hand, "It was no problem, sir. "

From Leslie: I'll bring you in.

Soon enough, I saw Leslie come out from down a hallway and she quickly snagged Andrew and I's arm then led us into the room.

*~SEE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT TIME~*