Chapter 41: Thursday

Thursday.

Leslie's P-O-V

It was the court date. From Roc's face, I could tell he was nervous.

"Everything is going to be alright."

He let out a sigh then looked at me, "I know. Because I have a good luck charm."

"And what is it?"

"You."

I smiled then kissed him, "And you'll always have me."

That's when Prodigy came into the room.

"Is Melody coming to testify?" He asked.

"Yeah, her parents are taking her there."

"Great."

He adjusted his suit jacket then left. Roc took my hand and kissed me once more.

"I love you, Leslie."

"I love you too, Roc."

We walked out of the hotel room with our heads down, trying to block out the paparazzi. This is the life I get now, huh?

Travis' P-O-V

"This was a stupid idea!" I said storming out of the courtroom.

We had just lost the trial, and we ended up with charges of assault and an all expense paid trip to a penitentiary school in Canada. I'd be spending the rest of my high school years that way. Treated like a criminal and it's all because I listened to Christopher! I've had it with him!

"Well, I'm sorry. I didn't mean for all of it to turn out this way."

"You never mean anything! I can't believe I was dumb enough to listen to someone like you!"

"Someone like me bailed you out of jail!"

"Only to get me right back in!"

"I'm sorry, alright?"

"You don't get it, do you? You ruined my life! Maybe you had nothing to live for, but I did!"

"Like what? Obviously not Melody! Your parents disowned you, remember? And football is the worst career move you could ever do! I know everything about you, Travis! And you have nothing! Just like me!"

"You just love to drag people down with you, huh?"

"It makes me feel good," he whispered then continued to walk down the hallway.

The decisions I made and the people I followed were the cause of my downfall and I have no one to really blame, but myself.

Melody's P-O-V

"You did great in that trial. Thanks for being there."

"No problem."

We were walking into my house when Andrew came out the door.

"Hey babe, how'd the trial go?"

"Travis and Christopher will be locked up for a while."

"That's my girl. Taking out the bad guys," he said before giving me a quick kiss. "I got to go. I'll be back. Alright?"

"Okay."

Prodigy silently followed me up to my room so we could talk in some privacy. As soon as I closed the door, he blew a gasket.

"Melody, what is wrong with you?"

"What do you mean?"

"So you hook up with Andrew after knowing that I was waiting for you!"