Chapter 25: Flirty Confrontation

Melody's P-O-V

"'Cause it's too cold for you here, now, so, let me hold both your hands in the holes of my sweater..."

I was interrupted from my music by the vibrating of my phone. I assumed it to be Travis so I didn't even think to look at the caller ID before answering it.

"Melody, hey."

"Prod?" I looked at the screen of my phone and saw that it was him.

"Can we talk?"

I didn't know which was the right answer but before I could control it, I caught myself blurting out "okay".

"About the other night. After the movie..."

"Uh huh..."

"When you fell asleep on me."

"Prodigy where are you going with this?"

"I know you might still be heartbroken over Travis, but I can't let you slip away from me, Mel. Not again. So, would you mind going out on a date with me?"

"I- Prodigy, um... I- I can't."

"I mean, but I thought that-" I cut him off.

"Prodigy, Travis and I are back together," the line went silent, "Um, hello? Prodigy? You still there?"

"I can't believe you Melody."

"What are you talking about?"

"You got back with him? After he acted like that towards you? Towards us?"

"Look Prodigy. There was never an us. And you provoked him to act like that, anyway."

"You know what? Whatever. I'll see you when I see you."

"What do you mean by that?"

"I mean what I said."

"That attitude in your voice says otherwise."

"Melody, why do you even care so much about how I feel about you?"

"I don't."

"Well, good."

"But now that you mention it, how do you feel about me?"

"Melody, you already know how I feel about you."

"Do I really?"

"Yes. You know how much I want to be with you, the fact that I always have, but you never gave me the chance to show you. All I can do is talk, but in my eyes, talk is cheap. But I put everything out on the line. You have never even once honestly told me how you really felt about me."

"Yes I have."

"Oh really? Since when?"

"Prodigy I tell you that I'm not interested every time."

"But the other night-"

"Forget the other night! I was vulnerable. I had just lost a boyfriend."

"Yeah, but we all know that somewhere in between all of your confusion, being in my arms felt right to you, it was your deepest desire, and what you wanted."

The whisper he spoke in sent me chills down my spine. It took my breath away, silencing me and my fake ignorance for a moment. I knew he knew all of that. My aura told it all. It was opened wide that night. But I didn't want him to sense any more weakness in my game, my simulation with plenty of glitches.

"What if it was? What would you do about it?"

"See? Now that part's all up to you. When you're ready to stop playing games with me and realize how horrible you boyfriend really is, then I'll be waiting for you. But until then, we'll tango and tease each other like we always do."

So he has officially cracked my shell. He figured me out. He learned all of my weaknesses and has decided to use them against me. How clever. But I'm not ready to give up just yet.

"Well, it does take two to tango."

"Yes it does. But we both know that I'll be taking the lead."

"Dream on, lover boy..." I said before hanging up and ending our flirty confrontation.

I sighed feeling butterflies in my stomach. I had never felt so good about being persued like this. And I finally felt fulfilled as well.

*~SEE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT TIME~*