Chapter 44: Beefing

Gabby's P-O-V

Andrew has not been answering my calls. I need to talk to him about how everything went down. I need to know where he stands and what he wants to do.

"Gabby, did you pack to go to your father's yet?" My mother said peeking her head through the door.

"Yup..." I replied throwing myself on my bed.

I was leaving tomorrow to stay with my father for two weeks, like I did every summer.

"What's wrong, sweetheart?"

"Mom... Why did you have to marry Andrew's dad?"

She came into the room then sat on my bed next to me, "But I thought you liked Andrew's father. I didn't-"

I cut her off, "No. He's a great guy. You two are perfect for each other. I rather see you happy."

She looked at me strangely, "Gabs, is something bothering you?"

"Andrew's not talking to me."

"But I don't understand. You two were so close when he came here last time."

"Yeah, well, things changed."

"How?"

"I don't want to talk about it anymore. I just want to take a nap."

"But Gabby-"

"Mom. Please just leave me be."

She let out a sigh, "Alright, hun. Fine."

I closed my eyes and listened to her footsteps as she exited the room. Thoughts of Andrew and I flooded my mind. He may be my step-brother now, but these feelings I have for him won't go away. I eventually drifted off to sleep.

Andrew's P-O-V

One ignored call from Gabby, another ignored call from Malkia. These girls just don't get that I don't want to talk to them.

"Babe, are you okay?" Melody asked.

We were on a date. School was officially over and we were at a bakery celebrating us completing our first year of high school.

"Um, yeah. I'm cool," I picked up my cupcake. "To summer."

She giggled, "To summer!"

We touched cupcakes and took a bite into the moist and delicious pastry.

"I'm so excited to go on that tour," I said to strike up conversation.

"About the tour... Are you sure that you even want to go? I mean-"

She was cut off by the ringing bell that the door made every time someone entered. But it wasn't the bell that stopped her. It was who walked through it. Leslie. But she wasn't alone. She was hanging out with Kori.

"Leslie! Hey! Long time no talk!" Melody cheered.

Rudely, Leslie looked at Melody then turned away, continuing her walk to the counter with Kori.

Leslie's P-O-V

"She is so fake," Kori whispered as soon as we got to the counter.

"I know right. I can't believe she would even think that after basically ignoring me like that, I would be buddy-buddy with her. Please."

"Leslie. I said hi. Didn't you hear me?" I heard Melody say.

I turned around, "No. Your fake-ness was a bit louder."

"What is your problem?"

"I have none. I'm here with my best friend and my boyfriend will be here tomorrow. I'll be going on tour with her and him, leaving you two behind. Perfect summer."