Chapter 9: Girl Talk!

Melody's P-O-V

I ran into my closet as Leslie took a seat at the edge of my bed. I pulled out a pair of jeans then examined them. I placed it on the bed as a maybe pile.

Then I tore through my closet for a skirt instead. I found a beautiful one that I already had an outfit in mind for, so I placed that in the maybe pile as well.

I then looked for a pair of my cutest shorts that I haven't really worn yet. I found one, throwing it in the maybe pile too.

I stopped searching then scanned through my options for bottoms. It was just a movie so a skirt wasn't really needed. Therefore, I put it back. I realized how quiet Leslie was so I decided to get her in on it.

"Which do you think is cuter for the movies? Shorts or jeans?"

"Hm, go with the shorts. I like them. They're cute."

I took a last look at the shorts and the jeans then agreed and placed the jeans back into the closet. Since Leslie wasn't saying much, I decided to take a break and chat a little with her.

"So, guess what happened today."

"What?" she said looking up from her lap.

"Well, after he had gotten done with performing and the greeting, Prodigy found me and grabbed my hand."

Her eyes got wide, "Well, what did he say? What did you do? Spill it!"

"I told him to back off. I said that I was happy with Travis and him being around me didn't help me in life at all."

"Are you serious?"

"Well, yeah. I mean, when Prodigy left, I felt less tension between Travis and I."

"Oh."

"Yeah. And after how I yelled at Prodigy, I'm sure he'd leave me alone for good."

"Oh..."

The "Oh" she responded with this time was a little more dragged out and she began playing with her hands and looking down again. I didn't really know what that was about so I continued looking. I did the same routine for the tops as I did for the bottoms.

Leslie's P-O-V

"What do you think you looks cuter? This or that?" Melody questioned holding up two shirts.

I didn't want to think about an outfit right now. How could she have just let Prodigy slide by like that... again!

"Uh, that," I said nonchalantly pointing to a top on her left.

She threw it on the bed then sing-songed, "Okay! Outfit ready!"

I smiled half-heartedly. I already wasn't feeling right. What Roc said to me earlier was still swimming around in my mind.

"Is there something wrong Leslie?" Melody asked plopping on the bed next to me.

"No. I'm fine. Really."

I wasn't sure if I should have told her or not. She might blow it all out of proportion.

"Leslie, don't lie to me. Is there something on your mind? God forbid, but did- did Roc hurt you?"

"No! He would never do anything to hurt me... At least I don't think he would."

"Then tell me what the problem is. Leslie, I am your best friend. You can tell me anything."

"Well, earlier today after the performance, Roc met me in front of my classroom, Biology class. And he asked me what I would do if he got a little close to a girl on tour."

Melody dropped her jaw. I could tell she was shocked. I couldn't help myself. I had to tell someone.

"Mister perfect Roc is cheating?" she mumbled.

"He never said he was cheating!"

"Yeah and you never said it either, but we all know it's what's going on."

"Can you at least let Roc explain his side of the story before you jump to conclusions?"

"No need for him to explain a thing. He implied it right there in that simple statement!"

"See? This is why I didn't want to tell you!"

She went silent then finally muttered, "Why?"

"Because you blow things out of proportion, Melody! You're quick to point fingers before you can even think about it! You want to say Roc is cheating? Look at Travis then tell me who is really the cheater!" I said before opening the door. "Now if you'll excuse me, I have somewhere to be. I'm going on a date with the boyfriend who I trust and we will talk about the situation like regular people. Good night Melody. I hope you'll have a wonderful time on your date."

I stormed out of the house with tears running down my cheeks. Ashamed and afraid, yet proud at the same time.

*~SEE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT TIME~*