Chapter 13: The Revealing

Roc Royal's P-O-V

"What do we do now?" I asked Leslie.

I couldn't look into her eyes. She was upset. And I knew I was the reason. Why did Melody have to say that?!

She pointed straight across from us, "Let's grab a bite and play a few games."

I followed her finger to see a Johnny Rockets and Gameworks! Oh snap!

"Ooh! Good thinking! Come on babe!" I yelled excitedly pulling her arm.

"Wait. Before we do... We need to talk."

I let go of her and cleared the smile off of my face.

"Earlier at school. When you asked me what I would do if you got a little close to a girl on tour. What did you mean by that?"

Here it was. The moment of truth. I was expecting this to happen, but as much as I thought I was ready... I really wasn't.

"...I'm going to tell her."

"Man are you crazy? She is going to freak when she finds out. You can't tell her that," Ray had said.

"Can't we just talk about that later Leslie? I don't want to ruin our fun."

"Roc! Tell me!"

"I don't want to hurt you Leslie. I don't want you to leave me. If I tell you. Please promise that you won't leave me."

"Roc! Just tell me!"

"Promise me Leslie. Promise me first."

She looked down and I saw a tear fall. I wiped it away.

"I can't promise that."

"Leslie..."

"Just tell me, Roc."

I swallowed hard. She looked as if she was ready to burst into tears. I was going to tell her. Then I thought about what Ray-Ray said.

"...I just hope that you can go days without talking to Leslie, because that's what's going to happen if you tell her."

No. I have to tell her. I shouldn't be hiding something like this from her.

"I kissed someone on tour. That's what happened."

She looked down, "Who was she?"

"Leslie, you don't have to know all of that, do you?"

"I think I do. Now tell me. Who is she?"

"Andrew's date."

"So what happened? Did she kiss you or did you do all of the work?"

I knew if I went deeper into explaination then she would hate me for sure.

"Why do you need to know all of that?"

"Roc Royal! I am trying to keep calm. Just tell me what I need to know!"

"I regret ever doing it and I am sorry. That's all you need to know."

She sniffled, "I think there's more."

"Listen. She came onto me. I wanted us to just be friends and she eventually worked up some nerve to try to make it more and kissed me. I quickly pulled away as soon as her lips touched mine. End of story."

But that wasn't the end.

"Are you being totally honest?"

"No," I thought to myself.

"Yes."

"Did she know about me?"

"No," I answered in my head.

"How could she not? I was always either talking to you or about you."

"Really?"

I nodded, not being able to speak after feeding her those lies.

She hugged me and I heard her crying. I felt her tears seep through my shirt. I tightened the hug and comforted her.

"We're going to get through this. It's just a little bump in the relationship. Just as long as you can forgive me. Can you forgive me?" I whispered to her.

She removed her head from my shoulder and looked me in the eye. I felt afraid. I haven't felt so much fear in my life.

"Roc... I-"

I kissed her passionately. She didn't retreat either. When I pulled away, we stood there in silence.

"I'm going to miss that," she said.

"What do you mean? Are you leaving me?"

"Just until I get my thoughts together. I can't do this all over again."

"But you won't. Leslie, I love you. You can't leave me."

"I love you too. I just have to go think, okay?"

"Alright... I understand."

"Good," she replied before kissing my cheek.

She walked away and left me standing there all alone.

*~SEE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT TIME~*