Chapter 42: Growing Apart

Three months later.

Leslie's P-O-V

Yes! It's the last day of school and I am so excited! It's been three months since I've seen Roc. We've been talking daily and I miss him, but I know that he's busy. Luckily, I will be seeing him tomorrow. That's when he and the boys will be coming here to prepare for the tour.

"Hey Leslie!" Kori said coming over to me.

I've been hanging out with Kori more. More than I have been with Melody and Andrew as a matter of fact. The two are still going strong and are actually running for cutest couple for the yearbook. I hope they lose.

Since court, no one hasn't really heard much from Travis. And who cares about Christopher? But they got what they deserved and hopefully we will be seeing them no more.

"Hey, Ko. So, listen. I asked Roc if you could come on tour with us. Guess what he said?"

"What?"

"He said yes!"

"OMG! Yay! I can't wait to go! This is like a dream! You are the bestest best friend ever!" She cheered giving me a large and suffocating bear hug.

"Um, Kori. Can't breathe."

"Oh. Sorry," she said releasing me from her constriction.

"It's fine. But don't mention it. I don't want to just leave my best friend here while I'm gone for the summer."

"I know, but what about Melody and Andrew. You did have those two."

"Can I be honest with you, Kori?"

"Of course."

"Melody, Andrew, and I- I just feel like we're growing apart, you know? Since they started dating, I've been the third wheel."

"But isn't that sort of how you guys treated Andrew? You two would be busy with your boyfriends and would basically neglect him most of the time."

"That's not true... is it?"

She shrugged.

"But even if it was true, shouldn't Melody be getting the same treatment? II mean, I think she was worse than me at neglecting Andrew."

"But he was in love with her."

"You have a point there."

"But it's alright. You don't need them. You have me."

"You're right. Come on. Let's get to class, best friend."

"Okay. Best friend."

Melody's P-O-V

"Mm, slow down, Andrew."

He didn't listen to my request and proceeded to kiss on me hungrily. He sat me on the shelf in the janitor closet and I threw my head back in pleasure feeling his kisses tickle my neck.

"Mel, you do not know how long I've been waiting to do this."

I was about to give my virginity away to him. But I'm beginning to have second thoughts.

"I was thinking that maybe we're moving too fast."

He stopped then looked at me, "What do you mean?"

"I don't think we should be doing this. Maybe we should wait until, like, prom night or another special occasion."

He let out a sigh and ran his fingers through his short and curly hair that I recently noticed I loved so much, "Alright. Fine."