Chapter 35: Realizations

Melody's P-O-V

"Melody!" Prodigy and Andrew cheered coming over to hug me, but I stopped them.

"Wait! I'm sore. You can't touch me," I said painfully lowering my arms.

"Sorry."

"It's alright. So... how are you guys?"

"I think we should be asking you that question," Andrew laughed.

I laughed then groaned in pain, "Ow... It hurts to laugh..."

"I am so sorry, Mel," Prodigy whispered to me.

"Why are you sorry?"

"I could have stopped this from happening. I should have seen this coming. I shouldn't have let you out of my sight," he said and I saw him tearing up.

I wanted to wipe his tears away, but moving at all would be too painful for me, "It's not your fault, Prodigy."

Andrew sighed, "It really isn't."

"But you were the one who said-"

"Look, forget what I said. I was just upset at what happened. I blamed everyone when I really should be blaming myself. I wasn't that much of a friend to Melody as I should have been."

"No..." I replied.

"She's right. It isn't your fault either. It's mine. I knew how Travis was. I just was afraid to tell her because he threatened me not to. I was trying to protect her, but ended up hurting her more. I was being a bad friend."

"No. Now would you guys just listen?" They all quieted down and looked at me. "Thank you. We can't say whose fault it is, yet! I don't believe you guys caused it. I think everyone is innocent until proven guilty. Now, I just need you guys to explain to me what exactly happened. I'm blank on it."

"You lost your memory?" Andrew gasped.

Leslie looked at him as if he was dumb, "No stupid! She just doesn't remember how she ended up the way she is now."

"Oh... I knew that."

"Sure you did, Andrew... Sure you did. Anyway, Leslie told me that you might know, Prodigy. So, can you explain?"

"Well, my explanation wouldn't be as vivid as Travis' would. But I'll tell you what I know. Travis sexually assaulted you."

"What? No..."

"Yes, Melody. You have to believe me. I know Travis and I don't like each other, but I wouldn't lie about something like this."

"How would I know? I'm not inside of your head."

He scoffed, "See? It's that right there. That blindness you have, is the reason you could've died! It's the reason you're pushing everyone away and it's the reason that you can end up in a grave before your eighteenth birthday! And I'm tired of trying to paint a visual for you of the truth because it isn't and never will be pretty! And until you learn that, I'm done dealing with you."

"Prodigy-"

"And you know what else? I really cared about you Melody! I fought to save your life! I put my career on the line just to be with you! And you just don't understand that... And you probably never will," He headed for the door.

"Prodigy! Wait!" I yelled, painfully trying to sit up.

Andrew and Leslie came by my side and informed me to lay back down. It hurt so bad, that I just gave up and listened to them.

"Look, I'll go get your parents to keep you company then we'll go after him, okay?" Leslie assured.

A tear slid down my cheek. I felt it's burning warmth and Andrew wiped it away.