Project M Special Part 3: Let's Get it Started!

Melody's P-O-V

"Do you have the suits?" I asked Andrew as he and Malkia came in.

"Yeah, here."

He pushed a bag out to me and I grabbed it. Perfect! He got the right suits and sandals. I quickly changed into my suit and took a quick swim.

"MB, MB, MB!"

The chanting was back. Time to face the crowd and start the party. I quickly dried up. I was still a little wet, but I didn't care. I opened the door and yelled welcome. Fans quickly poured in. Soon the house was packed and people were still coming.

I stood at the door for a while greeting everyone. Just then, Joey Bada$$ and the rest of Pro Era stepped up to the door. He stopped at the threshold and eyed me.

"Yo, how old are you, ma?"

"Fif- Seventeen. Why?"

"You sure about your age because, you don't look that way."

"Look, you either step up in the party or you don't. Your choice."

"Yuh won facety likkle gal, eh?" He said in his Jamaican accent.

"If yuh woulda gaan in fra early, yuh nevah would haffi go tru dis!" I retorted back in my best accent.

He looked at me in shock.

"Yes, I am part Jamaican. Now please, come in. Your company is valued."

He and his friends laughed then came inside.

"A performance wouldn't be a bad thing too, you know?" I added as they stepped in.

"Powers, you cool with it?" he asked turning to his friend Powers Pleasant.

"Yeah, it's alright."

"Great! Come with me!"

"Sumchin!" I heard CJ yell as a girl walked by, "Hi, how you doing?"

She eyed him then scoffed walking away.

"Never mind. She a fronchin," he restated.

I laughed then guided Powers over to where Myles was.

"DJ Big Deal, meet Powers P. The Pro Era DJ. You guys will work together so two awesome performances can go down, got it?"

"Yeah, cool," they responded.

With that, I went on to continue with my party duties.

Roc Royal's P-O-V

"Welcome to the party," I heard Melody say as I walked by the door.

I was in search of Leslie. Melody had her caught up in kitchen duty. I found her carrying a tray of chips and dip on a platter plate. I squeezed through the crowd of people as I attempted to reach her.

"Hey Roc!" She popped up from out of nowhere.

"Malkia?"

"Correct."

"What do you want?"

"Respect."

I rolled my eyes, "Maybe if you left me alone, I would respect you more... from a distance."

"Ha-ha, you are so funny," she spat sarcastically. "But I'm serious. Roc, I demand respect. I'm not a groupie. I am good wifey material! I'm a lady."

"You're a lady?"

"Yes."

"Are you sure? You aren't acting like one. Look, you're a great girl. I'm sure. But acting the way you are right now is not going to help you get with me."

"Yeah, but it will keep you wrapped around my finger. With a few words, I can ruin your entire relationship. So, slip up tonight and I'll spill it. Got it?"

"Whatever."

"Let's dance," she began swaying her hips as the beat for Started from the Bottom dropped.

"No thank you."

"It wasn't a question."

She snatched my hand and took me onto the dance floor. I dreadfully danced with her as regret etched it's way deeper into my conscience.

Leslie's P-O-V

"You know, you are really funny," I said to Travis' friend.

I still had not learned his name and I still could not figure out where I had seen him before.

"You're not so bad either," he said laughing.

He had an interesting laugh. When you heard it, it just automatically make you do the same. It was very infectious.

"So, which high school do you go to?" I asked to spark more conversation.

"Monroe All Boys Academy..."

The name sounded familiar. I couldn't put my finger on it, but everything about him was just so familiar. I liked that. I felt comfortable.

"Wait, you go to an all boys school?"

He nodded his head while rubbing the back of his neck. I could tell he was embarrassed.

"Well, I go to a regular public school. Madden Bells High School."

"I know," I heard him mumble.

"Excuse me?"

"Huh? Nothing. I just said I wish I could go. That way, I could see your beautiful face more often."

Before I could respond, Melody barged in with more orders, "We need more drinks in the coolers and another box of pizza."

She then immediately strut away.

He bit his lip then hopped off of the counter, "I'll take the drink run, you do the pizza?"

"Um, yeah. Okay."

After he walked out with the drinks, I knocked my head against the wall a few times. I was stupid to think he was different from all of those other bacon bits. He probably just wants to hit it and quit it anyway. Plus, what am I thinking? I'm dating Roc. My dream guy. The dream guy that just so happened to cheat on me... I know, I know, I know. I said it was cool. But I can't shake the feeling that there was more to the story.

I soon got over my thoughts then grabbed a few boxes of pizza and sent them out.

*~SEE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT TIME~*