Chapter 23: I Want You Back!

Melody's P-O-V

I sat in my room and let Jaden and Willow elope with my emotions. By now, I knew this song by heart and I sung along with Willow for the bridge and chorus.

"Lost... In space and I see your face on Mars. No trace, but I see you in them stars. I'll chase you till this planet falls. Little mama got bars, little mama got bars. You stare into my eyes. I know you hear my cries. As you look at the sky, you want to fly? I got the kite. I got the kite for you to fly-y. You stare into my eyes. I know you hear my cries. As you look at the sky, you want to fly? I got the kite. I got the kite for you to fly..."

I had basically flopped around my room being depressed for the entire day. I sat there pondering on whether to call him or not. Or if I should just move on, if I should probably actually be with Prodigy.

Bzz! Bzz! Bzz!

I heard my phone vibrating on my nightstand. I looked at the caller ID. Aah! Travis! I quickly answered with my heart beating fast. I was happy to see his call, but I tried to sound as if he didn't matter.

"Hello?"

"I miss you."

Boom!

My heart exploded out of my chest with excitement. I didn't know what to say.

"Mel? You there?"

"Uh huh..."

"Well, I really do miss you. I've been just thinking about you the whole day. I haven't left my room or anything. I just felt like I couldn't go on without you being mine. I'm sorry for even breaking up with you like that. It was the dumbest mistake I have ever made. I'm just so sorry. I want you back Melody. I really do. I just want you to be mine again."

"Travis... I-"

He cut me off, "And listen, I mean, if you already moved on. I understand why. I was a total jerk towards you. I was just afraid of losing you to that Prodigy guy. I'm really sorry. I hope the least you can do is forgive me."

I felt the stinging of tears that were attempting to escape from my eyes. I choked them back and replied to Travis.

"I forgive you Travis."

"But that's all? I want you back Melody. I want you to take me back. Can I have you back?"

"Yes..."

"You're taking me back?"

"Yes."

"Yes!" He exclaimed.

It was a long silence over the line until I heard.him say, "Melody, I love you."

I took a deep breath, taking everything in and said, "I love you too, Travis."

I was really happy. But even though I did have Travis back, I felt half empty. I could have sworn that having Travis back was my only objective. But now that I do have him back, I only feel semi-satisfied. And I don't know why...

*~SEE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT TIME~*