Chapter 5: Why This Kolaveri Di?

Prodigy's P-O-V

After the boys and I got done performing, I went out to find Melody. On my way, I saw Travis walking and talking to another girl. Figures. I sighed, turned away, and kept looking for her.

I found her walking down the hallway. I watched her hair sway back and forth and her hips twist from side to side as she strutted down the corridor. She turned that hallway into a runway. I got closer and grabbed her hand.

"You better let go of me before Travis sees you," she said spicily.

If only she knew what Travis was doing right now.

"Oh! I'm so scared," I answered sarcastically. "But, um, I'm willing to take my chances."

She rolled her eyes then said: "Look, Prodigy. I have a great boyfriend. And honestly, after you left, my relationship has gotten better and I've been able to think and clear my head. Thinking back, I realized that my relationship is just fine and I don't need you around. So... How can I say this without being mean... Aw forget it. Just leave me alone, Prod."

She snatched her hand from mine and started walking away, but I grabbed it back and pulled her towards me.

"Listen Melody. Travis isn't who you think he is."

"No Prodigy! You listen! Travis is a great boyfriend! I don't care what anyone has to say! And no matter what you do or say, my feelings won't change! Now please leave me alone and let me go! I'm about to be late for class..."

She speed walked down the hallway to her class. I just stood there shocked at her reaction towards me. I've never seen her so angry. The rage in her eyes were intense. I lost all hopes of getting her back.

I felt a vibration in my pocket. I took out my phone to see a message from Prince.

"Dude, where are you? We're heading back to the hotel. Meet us at the van."

I replied with: "Don't worry. I'm coming."

I sluggishly walked out to the van and hopped in.

"What's up with you, bro?" I heard Ray ask.

But I didn't answer. I didn't feel like talking. Once Keisha got in, the van pulled out and we drove back to the hotel. When we got there, I immediately picked my bed and laid on it. As soon as I laid down, I felt a tap on my shoulder.

"What?" I groaned feeling aggravated.

"Prodigy, why won't you tell us what's going on? You and Roc are moping around here like lovesick puppies. What's up?" Ray-Ray asked.

I sat up in bed and looked at him.

"Melody hates me."

"Aw, Prod. No she doesn't."

"Yeah, she does. She said she doesn't need me around and that she wants me to leave her alone."

"So that's why you're sad? Because she said that? Hasn't she said worse?"

"I mean, yeah. But the intensity and rage that she showed in her eyes when she said those things let me how she really felt. Looking into them were like taking shots to the chest. I felt terrible."

"But think about what you're doing, Prodigy. I mean, you're about to throw in the towel just because because of that? Listen, man. You love her! And you know hat she loves you. I mean, who doesn't. Feelings like that can't change overnight!"

"I mean, I know but I just don't know if I should bother her anymore. Her eyes."

"Well, maybe the rage in her eyes wasn't meant for you," he said softly.

"What do you mean by that?"

"Well, maybe it was for her. Maybe she was mad at herself and she was taking it out on you."

"That kind of makes sense."

"Yeah. So, what are you going to do? Give up or keep pursuing your dream girl?"

"I- I'm going to pursue her!"

"That's my guy. Now, want to come with Prince and I to the pool or something?"

"Yeah. Sure. Let's go... Wait. What about Roc?"

"Well, let me ask him. Aye, Roc. Me, Prod, and Prince are going to scope out the hotel. Want to come?"

"Nah. I'll just stay here. I'm fine."

"Dude, are you sure?" I asked, just to see if he changed his mind. It's not like him to pass this up. He's normally the one pushing us to go.

"Yeah. I'm cool. Go on without me."

"Okay," Prince said, rubbing his hands together. "Let's go."

He opened the door then Ray and I followed behind him.

"What's up with Roc?" I inquired as soon as Ray shut the door.

"It's a long story. I'll explain it to you guys later," Prince answered as if he was distracted.

"Alright," I said curiously looking in the direction he was.

Girls. Of course. I followed behind Ray and him as they walked over to a group of girls that were talking among themselves. Aw, here it go!

*~SEE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT TIME~*