29 ⚠️

𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒏𝒐 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒈𝒍𝒐𝒓𝒚, 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒑𝒓𝒆𝒗𝒂𝒊𝒍.

~Juko~

I stormed out of the medbay with a few things on my mind it was like I could barely think there was so much going on all at once. I had to deal with Ivy's shit, the fucking dragons, my entire kingdom, the King of the North, her parents, the women who drugged me and still try to figure out who tried get me killed. I could feel the weight of the world crashing down on my shoulders. I wasn't used to all of these mixed feelings hurdling at me all at once. The feeling of being angry, sad, lied to and deceived but when it all boiled down to the root of my rage I was heartbroken.

How could Ivy have openly lied to me? For months she went behind my back after I gave her my trust, after I opened myself up and allowed her to see my vulnerability.

Of course I didn't mean what I said about death being too good for her nor was the divorce I hung over her head. I just angry, so fucking angry that she could look me in the eyes and hide something so dangerous from me. I wanted to shake some sense into her, those things were feral and their presence shouldn't have been taken so lightly. It didn't matter how many times she went out and took care of them, at any point in time they could've turned on her. The pain of being killed by a dragon was worse than anything I could have ever imagined. I don't know what I would have done if Ivy suffered in agony as I had done.

I just wanted to keep her safe, have some kind of control in my life since everything has been slipping through my fingers as of lately. I ball up my fist as I made my way up the stairs, I was still pissed. I needed to take my mind off of things and blow off some steam and I knew the exact person and place I could go. Seeing Ivy battered and bruise did something to me but when I saw those fingerprints and scratches on her face I was ten seconds away from losing my shit.

"Leon." I knock on his door so hard it nearly cracks.

I hear some rustling from the other side of the door and wait for him to answer.

When he finally opens up he stands there looking a bit unkempt. His hair was a mess and his clothes were disheveled.

"Hey man, what's up?" He asks leaning against the doorway. He smelled of sex.

"Pack your bags we are leaving." I remain expressionless trying to keep it all in. Like I said I just needed to let off some steam before I could talk to Ivy again. She was the last person I wanted in my line of fire.

Leon frowns crossing his arms over his chest, "where are we going?"

I smile and I'm sure I looked like a maniac, like a patient in a psych ward that's gone without his fix, "Danid."

"Danid? The Carmine's home?"

"Precisely."

"Why? We've never had to do business with those people before."

"I just need to take a little trip there and sort some thing's out." I keep my answer vague because if I tell Leon the truth now he'd try to stop me before I make a move.

"Dude the look you're giving me is making me worried. Have you talked to Ivy yet?"

I ignore his question.