32

𝘉𝘶𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘯𝘢𝘮𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘢 𝘸𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘮𝘦
𝘕𝘰𝘵 𝘢 𝘨𝘢𝘮𝘦 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘢 𝘴𝘭𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘵𝘰𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺

~Ivy~

I groan sitting up in the softest bed I had been in in months. The sun rays are hitting my eyes and as soon as my vision adjusts I am left quite surprised. I am in a pink bedroom with walls littered in a five year olds drawings with purple and blue handprints along the walls. There's a butterfly chandelier above me with crystals inside and a huge white dresser off to the side.

There's pictures of a little girl with her sister, more with their grandmother and others with the entire family. I am surrounded by a matching pink canopy with glow in the dark stars lining the ceiling. A small desk sits off to the right with more drawings of art and a handful of children books that's collected dust.

I was in my grandmothers castle, in my old bedroom. The place I had wished for years that I had grew up in. I want to cry but for some reason there's a part of me that can't. I that was angry, my mother had told me that before my grandmother died she had gotten rid of everything and that her castle had been looted soon after her death. She lied to me and made me feel like there was no part of me that could ever take a piece of my grandmother with me. I don't know why I even believed her, my grandmother and her never got along. Put them in a room together and it was like mixing oil with water, chaos was bound to ensue.

I try to relax because I am still in slight pain and when everything of last nights events comes back I turn my head to the left sensing his dark presence.

Juko sat slumped in a chair eyes closed steadily breathing with my old bassinet by his side where it looks like he's placed the sleeping twins inside.

It's been the first time in six months that I've seen him and I can't help but to take him all in. His hair is tousled quite a bit and there's bags under his eyes. His plump pink lips are parted at the slightest, breathing evenly and I notice he isn't wear a shirt. Just a leather jacket, black jeans and dirty combat boots.

The moment felt so surreal and just for a second I felt at peace. I look away dropping my chin down to my chest I just needed to breath. Just remember to breath Ivy, just inhale and exhale. I do, gathering up the strength to face this man once again.

I know what I did was wrong and I know I wasn't perfect. I had a lot of time to sit back and reflect on how my actions affected everyone. I knew this talk was going to come some day but I figured it'll be the day I gave the twins to him. When Juko had finally calmed down and a part of his hate for me passed. When Unity stopped putting hits out on my head and assumed I was dead.

There a subtle shift from my left, I can see Juko sit up slowly and run a hand through his hair and then down his face. It was clear he was tired and needed the rest it looked he hadn't sleep in days.

"Ivy." That oh so deep voice rumbles and rattles my bones. I squeeze my eyes shut.

I couldn't face him, not now and not like this.

"Look at me."

He speaks again only I can't I just simply shake my head. I could feel the walls of my old bedroom closing in on me, this was it.