31

𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒐𝒏𝒍𝒚 𝑯𝒆𝒂𝒗𝒆𝒏 𝑰'𝒍𝒍 𝒃𝒆 𝒔𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒊𝒔 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝑰'𝒎 𝒂𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒚𝒐𝒖

~Juko~

"What the fuck do you mean she's gone?" I seethe.

"Sir we left her alone to sleep for maybe hour if not less before Nurse Quinn reported her missing." Dr. Kimble says nervously.

"And why didn't anyone call me?" I grit out through my clenched teeth.

"We did, we kept getting the dial tone." He says voice shaking. That's right either my men couldn't get a signal because of the storm or my phone was dead and since my phone was dead I figured the latter.

I pinch the bridge of my nose frustrated with the fucking idiots I so kindly hired to care of things while I was gone. I inhale deeply trying my best trying not to punch Dr. Kimble's heart out his chest. "I'm so sorry sir we even tried to send someone out but the storm... It flooded the roads and the horses were too startled to leave the stables."

I turn around and walk away my body shaking with anger. My girl was gone, my fucking wife was gone and there was just about nothing I could do. The rain would cover her scent, and if she had gotten too far then I wouldn't be able to hear where she was at. Unfortunately I had already tried my selective hearing and got nothing. I was completely at a dead end before I even began my search for her.

Ivy was gone and the last thing on my mind was the fact I told her death would be too good for her. That I wanted to divorce her and send her back home to her abusive fucking parents. The same people I tortured and threatened to kill. I felt guilty so fucking guilty that my chest was tightening. I just...

I didn't mean it, I didn't fucking mean it and now she's gone.

I felt like I was losing my mind as I picked up my charging phone and sat down at my desk. I run a hand through my short curls quickly going to a number to make a quick call.

"War general Saigoni, how can I help you today?"

"I need you put out a missing persons report for my wife within and outside of Unity's walls. There will be a hefty reward for anyone that finds her."

"I can do that for you, how quickly do you need this out?"

"Within the next hour."

"But sir that would be impossible to do in such a short notice. I don't even have people outside of Unity."

My nose flares I was tired of excuses, "I don't give a fuck it better be done by tonight or else. I'm not in the best fucking mood so try not to piss me off."

"I'll get started on that right aw-" I cut the call hanging up and tossing my phone on my desk.

I bounce my leg up and down anxiety eating away at my flesh. What if she's hurt? What if she was lost, scared and all alone. What if she's been kidnapped and I just don't know it yet. I'm freaking out, freaking the fuck out to point I think I'm going to completely lose my mind and turn this fucking town upside down just to find her.

So that's what I do I go to every home, every bar, pharmacy, church, hospital and everything after to search for her. And when I don't find her  I can feel a part of myself breaking and cracking under the pressure of finding my lost wife.

One of my biggest fears was the King of the North's men finding her before I do.

When I enter my office again I get a call from Marvin telling me that he's gotten the missing persons report out. Everyone will know inside and outside of Unity within the next few days. But I can't wait that long for someone to make a call saying that they've seen Ivy. I needed to do something now.