CHAPTER 2

Sylvia couldn't stop thinking about Chase Evans throughout the day. She was so distracted with her thoughts that she couldn't even concentrate on what Jason was telling her to do and when she realized that she was spacing out again, she had to ask him to repeat what he said..... three times!

Jason eventually noticed what was wrong with her and he calmly exhaled a sigh and looked up at her with a serious expression on his face

"Miss Falcon, are you feeling alright?" He directly asked her and she looked at him with surprise.

"Yes, I'm alright." He raised his brow at her.

"Are you sure? Because you don't look fine to me at all. Is it because of what happened earlier this morning?"

Sylvia swallowed the tight knot in her throat and slowly let her arms hang loosely by her side.

"I am sorry for what happened! I didn't know he was Mr. Evans." Jason chuckled and casually leaned back in his seat.

"Stop worrying about it, it's totally fine. Tell you what, Chase won't hold it against you that you didn't know who he was. He likes it if people don't know that he's the owner of this company. He doesn't like having the attention of a boss. So you're good."

Sylvia felt the tension in her heart had eased up a little after listening to Jason and she smiled at him and finally relaxed. She glanced to the side of the table and saw the pretty red velvet jewelry case sitting in the corner and smiled.

"What's that?" Jason glanced to where she was looking and a grin appeared on his face before he reached out and pulled the case towards him.

"It's a gift for Shay. We're going out for dinner on my yacht tonight so I'm planning to give this to her." He replied while still smiling.

Sylvia gave a warm smile while looking at his reaction. She was really happy for her cousin to be dating her boss and although it felt awkward in the beginning but thanks to Shay, her work relationship with Jason have improved a lot to the point where they can casually make fun of each other or talk normally. Which has not happened before.

Now that he had mentioned their dinner, she finally remembered that she also has a date tonight with a guy that she met at her favorite coffee shop. If things turn out well tonight then Sylvia might start to like him.

"Can I leave early today?" Jason quickly looked at her and slightly frowned.

"Can I get a reason why?" He replied playfully and she chuckled.

Before, she would politely ask for the same thing and tell him the reason too but now that they have gotten more closer, it didn't feel necessary to go through all that again.

"I....am also going on a date tonight and I wanna head home early so I can get ready."

"Wow, good for you." He responded with a broad smile causing her to look at him suspiciously.

"Stop, I know you're laughing at me in your head right now."

"I'm not! I'm happy that you've finally realized that there is a much bigger world outside these office walls. So go, have a great time with whoever you're meeting tonight, and have fun."

"Thank you." She politely replied with a smile before leaving his office.

Mark, is her date's name and they both agreed to meet up at the restaurant in the evening right now it's almost five in the afternoon so she quickly rushed into her office and grabbed her things and her bag before leaving the building.