CHAPTER 17

It was nearly dark by the time they got back to the city. Chase wanted to drop her off at home so they stopped by Subway and bought subs for Sylvia's dinner as she wanted it in the first place before they continue to drive to her apartment.

He parked the car out front and they both went inside, her hand clasped around him while his other hand was carrying her subway pack.

"Syl!" Her steps froze midway when the familiar voice rang inside the lobby.

She looked up and saw her small sister waiting in the lounge area and then she stood up and started to walk towards them. It has been a while since they last saw each other and she was quite surprised that Sonya is here at her apartment to see her when usually they would meet up at cafes or restaurants or just face time.

Sonya looks exactly like Sylvia, strangers would easily mistake them as twins. She has the same long blond hair, the same nose, and the same height as her but instead of brown eyes as Sylvia, she has blue ones.

She came up to them with a big smile on her face and then her eyes turned to Chase standing beside her.

"Hi, I don't think we've met. I'm Sonya, Sylvia's sister." She immediately said to him while reaching out for a handshake.

Chase quickly shook her hand while returning the polite smile.

"Nice to meet you Sonya, I'm Chase Evans."

"So you're her boyfriend?" Sonya asked with a curious expression on her face.

"Sonya," Sylvia stated with a warning tone but Chase just laughed it off.

"Yes, I'm the boyfriend."

"Cool," Sonya replied, looking like she approves of him.

"I'll call you okay?" Sylvia said to him and he nodded.

They briefly shared a goodnight kiss before he gave her the subway pack and then waved at them one more time before he turns around and starts walking away.

"He's sooooo handsome." Sonya drawled with a dreamy tone and Sylvia rolled her eyes before they leave and got into the elevator.

"What are you doing here Sonya?" She asked her as soon as the elevator doors closed.

"I came to see you."

"On a random Sunday night? Well, that's unusual."

"Typical Sylvia. Always have a reason to find things unusual in every normal thing that happens."

Sylvia turned her head to the side and stared at her sister for about a minute. She had a feeling that Sonya is not just here to visit her. Especially late at night.

She held back her questions until they get to her apartment. As soon as they walked in, Sonya made her way straight to the living room and sat down on the couch before turning on the TV.

Sylvia just shook her head and placed the subways in the kitchen before going into her bedroom. She took a shower and put on a tank top with a pair of grey sweatpants and went back to the kitchen.

"You hungry?" She called out to Sonya while putting her subways on a plate.

"No, I'm good."

"Alright, suit yourself." She muttered under her breath and then poured herself a glass of red wine.

She joined Sonya on the couch and placed her wine and food on top of the coffee table before grabbing the remote and muting the TV and turning her full attention on Sonya.

"Alright, now you can tell me what's going on with you."

"I told you I'm just here to see-"

"Sonya don't lie to me. I know you're not here to see me so what's going on?"