CHAPTER 7

When it comes to describing Sylvia in three words, punctuality is a must to be one of them. She was ready to start the day in a great mood, her hair neatly done, her coffee had never tasted any better and so far, work was not as busier than usual.

Although she hasn't seen Chase yet and because of that, it kept her alert all the time. She kept looking up every time someone walks by or comes into her office thinking it would be him but apparently, it wasn't.

After arranging Jason's lunch schedule for the day, she leaned back in her chair with her eyes closed and sighed. Her moment of peace was suddenly disrupted when a notification pops up on her phone and she quickly grabs it to check, hoping it would be a text from him.

Get a grip, Sylvia!

She scolded herself before unlocking her phone to see the message but that small hope inside of her immediately disappeared when she saw that it was just a notification from the bank, informing her that it was her pay day today and her income has been deposited in her account.

She leaned towards the table and lazily checked her account online and her eyes slowly widens in surprise when she found that the numbers had been doubled.

She frowned and checked again but it was still the same. It's unusual when your income has suddenly increased all of a sudden and if this was part of a special promotion or something from her boss then she was not aware of it at all till now.

She quickly got up from her chair and walked towards Jason's office to find some answers. She knocked on his door and walks in and found him on the phone with a smile on his face.

Talking to Shay and she rolled her eyes at him before closing the door behind her. These two are so in love with each other that they call and text each other every day, and go out for dinners or dates as if they just started dating when it's already been a year.

She waited for him to finish the call and when he finally did, he puts down his cell phone and flashed her a big smile.

"What can I do for you, Miss Falcon?"

She placed her phone on his desk and passed it towards him and he picks it up with a small frown of confusion on his face.

"There might be a mistake with the total amount so I'd like for you to fix it, please? But if it was meant to be there then, thank you very much. But what did I do to deserve this extra credit?"

Jason stared at her phone and chuckled before giving it back to her.

"That's right, there is no mistake Miss Falcon and the amount is correct."

Sylvia was confused even more and she raised her brow at him.

"Okay, but why so sudden? You usually inform me about this kind of stuff."

Jason smiled and stood up from his chair without looking away from her.

"You're right and the reason why I didn't inform you was because I was not the one who made these changes. Believe me, I was also surprised to find out too."

"Then who was it?"

"Mr. Evans."

Sylvia's folded arms slowly slipped down back to her sides and she blankly stared at Jason. This was yet another unexpected thing that Chase has done but the first time to make her feel uncomfortable because of it.

"Wh-why would Mr. Evans do that?" Jason shrugged and walked around the table to stand in front of her.

"Beats me. Although his reason was that, it was all for your great effort in helping him settle back in the office."