CHAPTER 30

It's been a week since Sylvia and Chase broke up. Not only do their friends and families have started to notice, but the media as well. TMZ and a few other magazines have released a couple of articles and stories about them, all wondering if they had parted ways for good this time since neither of them had confirmed anything on their social media accounts. Chase especially.

Sylvia had finally resigned from C&E Holdings. People have started to wonder if her reason for resigning was because of Chase but Jason held a meeting the other day and announced to everyone working in his company that no one should question Sylvia's resignation or Chase ever again and if he hears another word about it, they'll have to answer directly to him.

In simple words, they're never going to set foot at the company again as if it will be their turn to give in their resignation letter this time.

Jason was simply doing her and Chase a favor. He was still their friend and was going to do everything he can to not bring unwanted attention to the company, especially with TMZ building camp right outside waiting to catch a glimpse of Chase. The scandal he had caused was enough to keep the media circulating the hot topic about them for over a week now.

For now, Sylvia has done everything that needs to be done to tie up any loose ends at C&E Holdings before she starts working at Falcon Group.

Her mother had invited her for dinner tonight and as much as Sylvia wanted to give an excuse, she decided not to and agreed to show up on time.

She spent the whole day cleaning her apartment and made a few changes around the place. Since she had been working most of the time and hardly takes her day off seriously, now she has more free time for herself.

At seven, she arrived at her parent's house right on time. It made her feel a little weird to be visiting the house she's spent her entire childhood and adolescent years in for normal occasions like this. Probably because she rarely comes around for a visit which could be the explanation for why she would be weirded out.

The butler Eric, who's the only employee who had managed to last more than ten years working for them greets her by the door with a warm welcoming smile. She walks in and saw her mother coming down the staircase flaunting her radiant red dress.

"Thank you for making it on time." She said to Sylvia while pecking her on both cheeks.

"I did promise didn't I?" Serene grinned back at her before looking down at the simple light pink dress Sylvia was wearing.

"You look lovely by the way."

"Can't beat you though." Her mother rolled her eyes with a chuckle while leading her toward the dining room.

Her father and sister were already seated at the table and Sylvia greets them with a hug. They both warmly welcomed her before they all took their seat at the table.

"Well this feels nice, isn't it? To finally get together as a family again." Her mother expressed while unfolding a napkin over her lap.

"I'm really glad you came, Sylvia." Her father added and she smiled back at them.

"Me too."

"You're going to work for Dad now?" Sonya asked all of a sudden, getting all of their attention.

It was just a simple question, but she noticed the hidden meaning behind it. As much as Sylvia loves the idea of being independent and working for herself, Sonya was one of the people who gets how much it means to her.

So it's quite normal that she would ask about it while trying to investigate if this is what Sylvia wants or if was she forced against her own will to agree to be part of it.