CHAPTER 26

"Thank you. Miss Falcon will discuss the contract details with your assistant." Jason said with a satisfied smile on his face.

The man whom he had thanked was Mr. Wright who was sitting across the table from them with his assistant Mr. Parker by his side. Jason had flawlessly managed to seal another business deal with Mr. Wright, the only difference this time is that instead of holding this kind of meetings inside the board rooms Mr. Wright decided to invite them out for lunch.

Sylvia felt a small ache in her heart as she sat staring between Jason and Mr. Wright with a smile on her face. She was going to miss moments like this, attending meetings with Jason and feeling triumphed every time they close a successful deal.

Resigning was a lot harder than she thought. This was her first job right after moving out from home and she remembered when she first went for her interview.

Jason was personally interviewing everyone that had applied for the position to be his assistant. She remembered that the first question that Jason had asked her was;

"You're the Sylvia Falcon, am I correct?"

That was the moment when she realized that Jason was someone she could trust and he would trust her too. At that moment when everyone else was clueless about the fact that Sylvia comes from a rich family, Jason knew who she was and he didn't question why she would want to work at his company.

It was the first time they had established the rule of keeping their work and their private life apart and Jason didn't need to remind her about it. He felt straight away that Sylvia was the perfect assistant to work for him because she was quick, smart, and very reliable.

"Thank you, Mr. Wright, Mr. Parker." She said to the two gentlemen while kindly shaking their hands.

After they left, she sat down with a sigh and Jason suddenly looked at her.

"Okay, start talking." She stared at him with confusion.

"About.....what?"

"About why you're not yourself today. I can see that you were nervous the whole time and it's not because of this meeting. I know you Sylvia and I've been working with you for three years now so c'mon, you can tell me what's wrong."

The straight look on his face was what tempted her enough to tell him everything. They were alone now and it's better to tell him now than later.

"I'll be resigning from work soon."

A pause.

Jason's expression didn't falter at all and he just slowly leaned back in his chair and stared at the table in front of him instead.

"Hmm." He replied.

"It's sudden I know and I do owe you an explanation which is what I'm gonna do now. My father came to me the other day and he offered me a position at Falcon Group and I said yes. Not that I wanted to, it's because he came to ask for my help as my dad, and from the looks of it, our company is on the brink of trouble and the least I can do for them is to help the company get back on its feet."

Another long pause.

Jason kept staring at the table and she reached out and placed her hand on his arm which immediately made him look at her.

"You know I would've said no if it was for another lame reason and besides, I love my work and I love working with you. But we're talking about my family here, I still carry the Falcon name and the last thing I need right now is if they go down, I would automatically go down with them. This is the only way I could think of to avoid that problem and that is to work at my dad's company."