CHAPTER 3

The glass of bloody Mary in her hand had become her seventh already and anyone could tell that Sylvia was starting to become tipsy.

She had ended up at the bar after all and out of all people, Chase Evans had joined her. Thinking about reasons why he decided to join her at the bar was too much for her brain to take in and so, she just kept thinking about Mark and silently cursing him to herself.

A low chuckle came from the person sitting on the stool beside her and she lazily cocked her head to the side and squint her eyes to see Chase smiling to himself.

"What's so funny?" He looked back at her and then smirked.

"You." He casually replied and she suddenly felt annoyed with his answer.

"What's so funny about me?"

Chase propped his arm on top of the counter and leaned his head against his closed fist before staring back at her with amusement written all over his face.

"How you went from a professional and stubborn woman to a......drunk carefree heartbroken lady in just one day."

She frowned at him and sipped her drink again.

"Who said I'm.....heartbroken?"

"You did."

"No, I didn't!"

"Yes, you did, an hour ago. Along with that sob story of how your date didn't show up tonight and that's how you ended up here."

Sylvia's cheeks warmed in embarrassment and she looked away and stared at the glass in her hand.

"I feel so.....angry yunno? Why did I even agree to go out for dinner with him?! I wish I could go back in time and said no to him and carry on with my life."

Chase stared silently at her, his eyes were already analyzing her, and he had come up with a conclusion that she was the type that doesn't care much about relationships with the opposite sex, and that bothers him in some way.

Although he's also not into commitments himself and just wanted to have fun with women in his ways, ending up with Sylvia at a bar tonight and listening to her talk was starting to make him question the few ways he chose to treat women.

"Then why did you agree to go out with him?" He asked her and she glanced back at him and shrugged.

"Coz I wanted to give dating a second chance and since tonight didn't work out the way I wanted it to, then screw that! I am never agreeing to go out with any man ever again."

Chase smiled and leaned a little closer toward her and their eyes met.

"But you agreed to be here with me tonight. Why is that?"

It took her a moment to give him an answer and since she's drunk, the words that will be leaving her lips tonight are not filtered or even thought through.

"I didn't agree to come here with you, it was more like you had wanted to tag along."

Chase leans back again and scoffed before sipping his whiskey.

"I can agree with that, only with you. I am not the type to tag along with girls and listen to how sad their love life is when we should be making out right now or maybe using a room."

Sylvia's eyes widens in shock and she slightly backed away from him causing her to nearly slip from her stool and fall back but thanks to Chase's fast reflex, he braced his hand on the small of her back preventing her from falling.

"Careful, I know it doesn't take that much time for women to fall for me but I didn't mean literally." He said teasingly.

She rolled her eyes at him and moved his hand away.