CHAPTER 5

It was nearly 6 pm when Sylvia finally decided to leave her office and go home. Everyone else had already left except Jason but when she went into his office to tell him that she was leaving, she couldn't find him anywhere. She immediately guessed that he must be hanging out at the rooftop alone which is what he regularly does when he wants to escape from all the work he had been doing.

They had a busy day today, a lot of paperwork to be done, and a few meetings with some new investors, and now that their company is working with Falcon Group, there was a lot more to do to match their working standard. She got into her car parked at the company's underground parking lot and then drove home. While driving and listening to some Adele songs playing inside the car, she thought of what to have for dinner once she gets home.

There was some leftover pizza in her fridge plus a few brownies that she made last night as well, but none sounds so appetizing at all. She stopped by her favourite restaurant and bought some Korean BBQ for dinner instead and then finally went home. She parked her car at the parking lot and then made her way inside through the apartment lobby with her jacket hanging off one arm and the plastic bag with her dinner inside, on the other.

When she raised her head, she was shocked to see the familiar face of the person she just saw at work a few hours ago standing in the lobby staring right back at her with a smile on his face. She frowned in confusion and quickly made a beeline toward him.

"You have got to be kidding me. What are you doing here?"

Chase folds his arm and gave her a relaxed smile before answering her question.

"Here to see you of course." His reply made her frown even deeper.

"How did you know my address?" He narrowed his eyes at her and released his arms to his side.

"Miss Falcon, did you forget that we work at the same place and I am your boss? If I want to know someone and their details, especially if they're my employees, I can easily get it."

Sylvia repeatedly blinked her eyes and looked away while clearing her throat.

"Okay, stalker. Why did you want to see me?"

He stared at her for a long minute before reaching into his pocket and pulling out an ID card that has her picture on it. He handed it to her and she looked at it with surprise before finally taking it from his hand.

"How did-"

"You dropped it in my car the other night. I forgot to return it when we saw each other at work earlier today."

She was stunned to say anything. But what confuses her is the fact that he came to her place just to return her ID card when he should've just dropped it off in her office or given it to Maryanne at the front desk to return it to her instead. She gave a half smile and slowly put the card inside the small pocket of her handbag.

"Thank you, that is thoughtful of you." He immediately smirked back at her.

"Now will you go out with me?" She narrowed her eyes at him and slowly shook her head while chuckling.

She realized it was not a thoughtful act at all, he came to return the card as an excuse to ask her out again.

"You're not gonna give up are you?"

"No."

"Then why me?" It took him a long minute to finally answer.

"Because you're pretty and smart and amazing and I think you should go out with me because I want to get to know you better because I think we're a perfect match."

She stared at him in silence and then scoffed while looking away.

"Still not gonna say yes, so please SIR, go home."