CHAPTER 15

The next day, they decided to go and stay at one of Chase's private villas outside the city. The beautiful luxurious place was located near the sea and it was breathtaking at first sight.

Shay and Jason went ahead of them to check out the place while Sylvia and Chase decided to walk around the beach for a while hand in hand.

She stopped walking and took off her sandals and then walked near the edge of the beach where the water rushed up to the shore and touched her feet.

"Hmm, this is so relaxing," Sylvia said with her eyes closed.

Chase glanced at her and then smiled.

"That's part of the special thing about this place. You will feel like you would never want to leave."

She chuckled and wrapped her hand around his arm while they continue their stroll.

"It feels amazing to be here. How did you even find this place?"

He looked over at the ocean and Sylvia saw the distant look on his face probably replaying a good memory in his head.

"This used to be my grandpa's favorite place. He'd come here when he feels like getting away from all the problems at home or work and just need some time off from reality. He'd always take me with him, that was the fun part for me. Everywhere he'd go, we'll always go together. We'd come here and spend a week or two, just the two of us. Sometimes we'd lit a bonfire down here at the beach and camp here at night, we'd paint and fly some kites and go for a swim."

This was the first time Chase had ever shared a special memory with her. It makes her feel happy that he did and saw how much this place and its memories means to him.

"Your grandpa sounds like a very cool and fun person." She replied softly.

He turns to look at her and smiled at her.

"He was." He responded before kissing her hair.

Without any warning, he suddenly scooped her up in his arms and carried her towards the sea making her squeal out loud.

"No no no no don't you dare Chase! I'm warning you! Please don't!" She exclaimed while laughing.

Chase ignored her and continued to laugh.

"I'll drop you, I swear to God I will." He teased with a playful smirk.

Sylvia wrapped her arms more tightly around his neck, holding on to dear life.

"Please don't! I can't get wet! Not now please." She begged with her face buried in the crook of his neck.

He pretended to try letting go of her and she screamed again and clung tightly to him. He burst out laughing and walks back to the beach and slowly puts her down.

"That wasn't funny!" She yelled at him while playfully smacking his shoulder.

"Next time, I'll just push you in."

"Oh, I'd like to see you try."

He laughed and then kissed her before placing his arm around her neck and they walked back to the villa.

When they finally arrived, they were surprised to see the table set outside with some food and wine glasses already there, and best of all, Jason had already started with the grilling.

"You could've waited for me, dude," Chase stated while joining him at the grill.

"I'm hungry and food waits for no men," Jason replied with a joyous smile.

"I'm pretty sure it's 'time waits for no men' Mr. Cartwright," Sylvia replied to him and he stared at the ground with a blank face.

"Oh, right." He later agreed with a nod making them all laugh.