CHAPTER 8

The next day at work, Sylvia wasn't sure what to feel about going out with Chase during the day. A part of her feels a bit excited while the other half doesn't want her to feel that excited since she hasn't given in her hundred percent to him yet.

At first, her thoughts had completely invaded her mind from the morning making her unable to focus at work but thanks to Jason calling an unexpected meeting, it finally brought back her concentration and she was able to do her work well.

But, it made her completely forget about going out with Chase and when lunch break rolled in, she was surprised to see Chase standing at the door to her office with a charmed smile on his face.

It was only in the middle of the day and they were still working but Chase had decided to wear a white dress shirt along with his suit pants making him look so incredibly attractive than ever.

Sylvia's heart had skipped an excited beat the minute she made eye contact with him and she finally remembered what they were supposed to do today.

"You ready to go?" He asked while casually strolling inside the room.

"Um yeah." She hurriedly stood up from her chair and grabbed her handbag and jacket before leaving.

Chase closely followed behind with his hand gently placed at the small of her back. They exited the building and he opened the door to his car for her and she got into the front seat and immediately buckled her seatbelt while he gets in from the other side.

They were both trapped in a comfortable silence but since she had no idea where they were going and he wasn't telling her anything either, she loudly cleared her throat before turning to face him.

"So, what's the plan for today?" The corner of his mouth lifted and he removed one hand from the wheel.

"You'll see, it's a surprise." He replied before looking at her and giving a quick wink.

"I'm not very fond of surprises. You of all people should be aware of that already after what happened yesterday."

Chase looked at her again and then gave her a reassuring smile.

"Relax okay? We're just gonna do a little shopping and you're gonna help me pick everything I need."

Sylvia frowned back at him with confusion. She had thought he was gonna take her out for lunch as a date but this was unexpected. Even the words, 'Chase' and 'shopping' doesn't fit right.

"Why do you need my help for that?" He quickly glanced at her and then let out a deep sigh.

"Because I wanna buy some things for a woman and apparently, I have no idea what she likes so I need you to help me with that."

Sylvia remained confused but didn't question him any further. She looked out her window, wondering to herself who this woman might be since Chase wants her help to buy things for her.

They arrived at Star Mall and made their way inside. Chase led the way and immediately took her to a fancy shop where they begin to browse the clothing section.

The clothes were all in different popular brands and Sylvia was not even surprised when she found one rack filled with her mom's designer clothes since she's a designer herself and a model agent.

"Here, try these on, and let me see how it looks on you."

Chase said the minute he arrived back at her side with a few clothes which he immediately shoved in her arms.

"Why do I need to try these on? You said you only need my help to pick them for you."

He smirked at her and puts both hands inside his pockets.