[1]

My phone buzzed on the nightstand next to me. I'd say I would be the type to ignore it, but I would he lying. My hand moved around the nightstand, trying to find my phone. I grabbed it and answered it. The cold face of the phone pressed against my face, sending chills down my spine, "Jj, ive been calling for over twenty minutes."

My sisters annoying and obnoxious voice rang through my ears, "please, Alex. I just woke up."

I heard her sigh roughly, "Jo. This is serious. You have a meeting with the management for tour clothing in an hour."

I sprung up in my bed and wiped my hand over my face, "fuck. fuck! I forgot."

"Well get up and meet me at the studio," she said and I heard shuffling on her end, "i'll send you the address."

"Please tell me you'll be in the room, Alexandra."

"Didn't know we were going by government assigned names."

I clicked my tongue against the roof of my mouth, "Alex."

"Okay, okay. Yeah, i'll be in the room. But, brace yourself, he's sort of a dick."

I let out a breath of relief and ended the call, but quickly fell into a state of panic. My hair was knotted and I didn't have an hour of time to get ready. I ran into the bathroom and brushed my teeth quickly, walking to my dressers, grabbing black skinny jeans and a slightly lighter black t-shirt. I slipped into my clothes that fitted my body perfectly. I sat down at my desk, applying a light layer of makeup to make myself look more alive. I slipped on a pair of converse, then grabbed my purse and walked downstairs.

I grabbed a bottle of water, but quickly turning around as I heard my back door open. I creep around the corner to catch a glance at who had just walked in, "Jo! Hello?"

The voice of mg best friend relieved my for once. I set my hand on my heart and calmed down. I emerged from the corner, "What're you doing here, Kimberly?"

"Had to stop in and see you before your interview," she began and looked me up and down, making a disgusted face, "I didn't know it was an emo interview."

"It's really not like that," I began and turned back to the kitchen, "just wanted a casual feel to it."

Kimberly followed me into the kitchen and stood across from me in the open space as I leaned against the counter, "Panic at the disco isn't emo. They're pop punk."

I scoffed and set my water bottle down, crossing my arms, "and you know what exactly about this band?"

"the lead singers hot," she began, "and he's exactly what you've been looking for Jojo."

I rolled my eyes and grabbed my water bottle and walked towards the front door, "this isn't some love story you'd read in a fanfiction. You can read that yourself, Keeks. For now, i'd rather gouge my eyes out and swallow sulfur than think the lead singer's hot."

"You'll see what I mean."

I walked out of the house and walked to my car. I tossed my purse in the passenger seat, then started it.
—————————-

I took a deep breath before entering the studio. It was a small warehouse in the middle of Los Angeles, but not too far from my house. Alexandra waited for me outside with a tan file, stacked with papers. When I approached her, she stopped us before we walked in, "you're sure you're ready?"

I stepped back and looked around at my outfit, "what? do I have something on my shirt?"

Alexandra chuckled, "No, just confused as to why you're dressed so emo."