{68}

10/01/2013
I stood at the bridge that Brendon had told me to meet him at. I glanced at the time. He was only a couple minutes late. I stuffed my hands into my black, long, coat pocket. My hair was half up, half down and my natural curl had appeared. The cool wind blew against my skin as I looked around, hoping to find Brendon.

But. There he was. His hands stuffed in his leather jacket, as he paced along the bridge. I saw a smile form across his face and I could feel myself smiling—so, I quickly looked behind me to mask it.

I really have fallen for Brendon. He's really sweet, cares for me, brings me down to earth. He's everything i've been looking for and I really don't know how i've lived without him my whole life up until recently.

There's something so familiar about him. I feel like i've known him—whether that be in this lifetime or another one. I know him from somewhere, and I can't quite place my finger on it, "how long have you been standin' there?"

"Only a couple minutes," I began, "i would've been fine if you stood me up."

Brendon winced and placed his hand on his heart, "ouch, that hurt."

I knew he was just messing around with me when he was smiling and laughed afterward. I took my hands out of my pockets, pulling a piece of gum out for myself. I unwrapped it, "what? You want some?"

Brendon shrugged and took the piece out of my hand. My mouth dropped open and I crossed my arms, "I had another piece."

"Well, this one's mine."

I rolled my eyes and stood with my hip popped out, "so why was I summoned here?"

Brendon looked out into the distance. He took his hands out of his pocket, resting his elbow along the rail of the bridge, "well, I was gonna have you meet me at the studio, but I had Alex drop you off here so I can take you in my prized possession."

The wind blew against my hair and I stared at him, with an eyebrow raised, "your car...is your prized possession?"

"Do you want to be?"

I pursed my lips and cleared my throat, looking away. There was no way he just said that to me.

**

Brendon guided me to the piano that sat in the small room in the corner of the studio. He sat me down, massaging my shoulders for a second before he sat on the other side of me. I stared at the clean and neat piano. Brendon played a few keys before he said anything, "okay, what are you doing?"

Brendon began playing chords, "playing a song for you."

I raised an eyebrow and took my jacket off, setting it to the side. I listened for a bit, realizing what song it was, "wise men say...only fools rush in...but I can't help—falling in love with you..."

My heart was racing and I stared at Brendon. He would glance up at me, just for a few moments before looking back down at the piano, "shall I stay? Would it be a sin, if I can't help..falling in love with..you?"

"Like a river flows—surely to the sea..Darling, so it goes, some things are meant to be.."

He couldn't even finish the song. He stopped playing and stared at the keys. I snapped my fingers in front of his face, "are you okay? Why'd you stop? It was going to get good."

Brendon turned his head toward me, "Do you love me like I love you?"

I furrowed my eyebrows and jerked my head back, "well, c'mon be real. I wouldn't be sitting here if I didn't."