{23}

3 months later:

Joanne paced around the dark, yet settling backroom of a small church. Kimberly slowly placed the white veil over her face. Joanne covered her mouth, trying not the cry. She placed her other hand on her seven month bump. She was big and growing. Only two more months left and a baby girl was going to join their family. Joanne turned around and everyone gasped, "oh my god! You look beautiful!" Jada exclaimed.

"Holy shit," Jj began, "i'm getting fucking married."

Everyone hurried over to her, embracing each other in one big group hug. The door knocked for a second, "Honey."

Joanne and Alexandra's dad. Joanne turned around and he smiled lightly at him, "you made it." She uttered, walking over to him and hugging her,

"gosh," he began and let out a hearty chuckle, "she's getting big."

"Uh oh," Kimberly uttered, "ten seconds Jojo!"

:;

Joanne walked down the last few steps of the aisle. Brendon teary-eyed. She could hear him sniffling. He stared at her, "beautiful, doll." he mouthed. Brendon set his hand out, assisting Joanne. They took ahold of each other's hands, "Please be seated... Thank you," the preist began, "Welcome Friends, Family, and loved ones! We are here today to celebrate as we watch Joanne Margaret Jackson and Brendon Boyd Urie join hands in marriage. We're here to laugh with them, some of you are here to cry, you may have already started, but most of all, we're here to wish them well as they begin their new life together. I'd like to say, on behalf of Joanne and Brendon thank you all so very much for being here. I know it means a lot to them."

Joanne's head gazed around. Spotting family she didn't expect to come. Her eyes filled to the brim with tears and Brendon looked her in the eyes, "To start our ceremony off today, I've asked Joanne and Brendon to choose a poem to be read here at the beginning that symbolizes their relationship...Love is a temporary madness, it erupts like volcanoes and then subsides. And when it subsides you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots have so entwined together
that it is inconceivable that you should ever part. Because this is what love is. Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, it is not the promulgation of eternal passion. That is just being "in love" which any fool can do.
Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident. Those that truly love, have roots that grow towards each other underground, and when all the pretty blossoms have fallen from their branches,
they find that they are one tree and not two."

A poem that symbolizes them to the tee. Brendon saved Joanne from a mad world and took her into something a lot calmer. Though fights erupted, he never had any intention to purposefully hurt her. And that was something he would always keep as a promise, "Ladies and gentlemen, that's what we're here to witness, the entangled roots of these two individuals that are about to join together as one united tree, reaching for the stars together, sharing the same nutrients, weathering the same storms, growing together year after year - some rings thick and healthy, some rings thinner – reminders of the years where things didn't go as planned, or the years that fires hit the reset button all around them.Because real love is sharing a life together. Like the poet said, any fool can fall in love. Real love is what comes next. After the fall is over. What happens when you've landed and all around you is normalcy once again and it's time to do the dishes, or pay the bills, or pick up the kids from school...." the priest cleared his throat for a moment, "There's a great line from another poem by Adrienne Rich that says "No dust on the furniture of love." In that poem, the speaker is being tongue in cheek about the difference between falling in love, and the crash landing that happens for so many of us.
Joanne, Brendon, we all stand here with you today and hold you up in happiness, but in a couple of weeks, maybe a couple of months, maybe even in a couple of years, real life is going to have to creep back in. You will need each other to face those challenges. You will need each other as partners. As equals, fiercely honest with one another and fiercely committed to one another. You have to be both. Honest and committed, because real love demands both, and a successful marriage demands a foundation of real love."